[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

[quote=volf]I am also thinking that maybe infector gets reduced to 250? [/quote]

nah, 300 is enough. It has x3 rate and can plague after move.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Yes but if the problem is marines are too strong a cheaper unit to convert and heal could POTENTIALLY solve the problem? Just a thought. This could be a problem in KvT though. However, I would like more experienced players to critique this suggestion as I think its worthy of consideration at least. Could very well be wrong though.

Swarmer definitely needs that little boost though. Dont see myself using it too often anymore.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

Infectors could get a reduction in its price and get a nerf in the repair rate and maybe also in the movement and/or just be able to plague if not move.
Abie

Abie

So much for the April update.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

thought of an idea, what if the special abilities be buffed:

Electromagnetic Pulse [EMP]: Duration buff by 1 round (not turn)
(optional) also make it able to stun Khraleans as well, but only by 1 round (denying counterattack)

Plague: Trade attack after move for a stronger plague (graduated reduction (+1 damage per turn until cured)) or simply buff it fixed damage potential by 1
(optional) also make it able to plague Titans as well, but instead of Hp reduction, reduce offensive and defensive stats by 1 until cured.

Ultraviolet Rays [UV]: Trade cooldown for a stronger damage potential by 1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28, 2016 03:13

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

How about added tank mobility? It would fit sapiens strength of mobility, make svs even more interesting (possibly), and let tanks outmaneuver plasmas. I believe I have seen this idea pop up before and Im wondering why it got squelched. Tanks are rarely used except against titans so I dont see how itd be a big balance thing. Tanks are already pretty weak so giving them a strength of some kind would be great imho.
EVR1022

EVR1022

@ Volf:

Tank is like Eclipse - only useful in the right setting. But Saps don't need a buff in my opinion. They have good counters to everything right now. Even Titans.
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Evr has spoken. Thus, I shall withdraw my idea thanks for considering!
SN4K3

SN4K3

After the last update, my game does not open more in my pocket galaxy, it is only at the loading screen before you can finish loading the game close. Could someone tell me how to back to the original state before the last update. Thank you!

Depois da ultima atualização, meu jogo não abre mais no meu galaxy pocket, fica só na tela de carregamento, antes que possa terminar de carregar o jogo fechar. Alguem poderia me dizer como volta ao estado original antes da ultima atualização. Obrigado!

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

[Avatar]
Edisontrent7

Sn4k3, That should probably be on the "Bug Report" Forum, Not on the balance update discussion thread.

Since when did we have Racecars with machine guns?
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I actually think underlings defense should be nerfed, they should be easier to kill. I think it would be the final step to equalizing titans with them. Perhaps even nerf their heavy attack slightly.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Cpt Hawaiian wrote:I actually think underlings defense should be nerfed, they should be easier to kill. I think it would be the final step to equalizing titans with them. Perhaps even nerf their heavy attack slightly.

eeeehhh, they're already easy to get picked on by aerials or an eclipse. their bury is relatively easy to avoid and they can get stomped to death by ground heavies. they're fine

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I highly disagree. Against titans, khraleans are still way overpowered. The Eclipse is really a very weak unit that is easily damaged and thus made more useless. The recent buff to GH attack for it was "ok," but not what I think it needs to make it useful. That does nothing against khrals.

If you look at the ant vs the mecha in terms of khral vs. titan, the ant is WAY stronger. Their only weakness, the inability to attack air, doesn't help titans at all. They have WAY better mobility. Popup out of the ground makes it have an attack potentially even BETTER than the standard fast heavy units of all races. On top of this huge damage advantage, being able to popup wherever they desire gives HUGE gangup bonuses with all their other units, in all kinds of situations, allowing them to take out very expensive titan units. Whereas Titan mecha warp, which is somewhat useful, is still highly situational.

One of the huge advantages of khrals against titans is that all they need are a few ants underground, they can easily come forward with any other units and get popup gangup bonuses all day long to destroy expensive titan units. I feel like if the ants take more damage from enemies, popups may turn into sacrifices, lessening the advantage somewhat. As it is now, they can popup for the gangup win and then bury again. Then popup again if necessary and finally die having contributed in taking out potentially 1000 credits (in the way of two plasmas) in some cases, only sacrificing 100 credits to do so.

I feel this change would help with the racial difference as well. Since ants are so much more mobile than any other race and at the same time can deal out more damage than any other race, they should also be weaker defensively. Another idea would be that their defense rating goes wayyyy down only when popping up. Like considerably. Perhaps allowing them to die in some cases after popup. The advantage of gangup is understated. All advanced players use gangup properly, especially against titans.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As a competent Sapien player [2,100] and sometimes Titan and Khralean, underlings are easy to pick on, I can just get a heli or an eclipse or if the map is cash strapped, I'll get a marauder or a speeder and get them fast before they could even react or take cover and run back for repairs. Their low vision of 3 means that you can get to them a little bit closer without compromising an unit like a battery or a walker from getting spotted unlike a marine or a mecha. If the opponent does get a swarmer for early scouting, they're simply weaker than an underling in a mountain and has to back off a bit or if it's a garuda, that's be quite a waste of credits there. If I play as a khral, I'm more worried about stronger units like a helicopter or an eclipse as most units are pretty squishy in their own ways. Burying is actually quite hard to execute to great effect. If I bury near, your enemies are already aware of it, just a matter or how'd they avoid a resurface attack or if I bury far, it'll take too long and the battle would probably be over by now once they get there and I'd not spam buries in a long enough map. It's just a matter of luck to score a successful resurface. I can even defeat a khral player with titans and I was defeated a few times by titans as khrals. I'd say it's more of the map balance than the races at all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20, 2016 07:18

Abie

Abie

I happen to agree that Underlings are easy to pick off. But sometimes if you get enough, they can be overwhelming, even for marauders and speeders.

Ive seen opposing players do it to me.
Forum Index » General Discussion