[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I agree that map size and layout is related to this issue. In the end, though, Khrals still have an advantage against Titans in the majority of cases. I would love to see new units for each race that allows for equality across large/small maps as well as bare/heavy terrain maps. Also, regarding scouting, the system is basically broken as multiple account logins allows for almost limitless scouting free.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
OGKush

OGKush

I'm not good at all but I'd like to share my point of view.

Swarmer indeed need a buff, either in GL, mobility or both. They are squishy, their damage is overall "ok". I don't think it needs bonus on air attack, because in KvK (Idk if that's the meta, but most of times my KvKs are principally air battles) they're already doing fine, and in KvS garudas already perform great against copters.

Some of you say garudas are weak against copters. Well let me remind you that garuda trades evenly against copter, while copters are 40% more expensive. I feel like garudas do what they're supposed to do against marauders. My suggestion would be to nerf garuda GL and air damage by let's say 2 for each while buffing it's defense by 2. It's mobility could also use a small nerf, down to 10 or 11. But the idea is, make it the punchbag it is supposed to be (bigger defense, more efficient healing), more able to pound GH units, but still with some counterplay potential (marauders).

Another idea would be to give wyrm some more mobility. I feel like its cost is not representative of its usefulness. It is the least ranged artillery, and it isn't even given the possibility to kite anything, or get in close enough to make it an issue for titans. I would give it at least +2 mobility (up to +4 but that may be a bit excessive) and more importantly, the ability to split the use these 8/9/10 mobility points before and after it attacks. For instance, wyrm moves 1 unit forwards to hit that speeder then moves 2 units behind these underlings coming as reinforcements.

But the most important, we have a good amount of amazing map makers, we can have them favoring more one race than another, map balance is often able to fix number issues without touching them.
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

OGKush
Swarmer is very good unit. Watch how to use it better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnEw9xLAg1E

Garuda is good against Helicopoter (especially with swarmer support) but he is bad against marines, so we can't lower it's GL attack. Also we can't lower it's mobility.

You are saying that wyrm has lowest range but you are wrong. Wyrm can move before attack so it has range attack from -1 (minus 1 when you move it back 2 hexes)) to 5 (when you move 2 hexes forward)! Wyrm is the easiest long-ranged unit to get +3 gangup bonus.

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

OGKush

OGKush

My point is just to make garuda more tanky and being able to benefit more easily from its sustain and have this sustain being more consistent.

I don't get what you mean about wyrm. Battery has 1 more range and is able to kite without hurting itself. Once it is in position it will constantly fire until it dies. Difference is that it is able to fire while out of position because it will be able to relocate afterwards. Wyrm often needs to set itself out of position to fire, and even then, it's damage output isn't better than the rest of its stats. And again this low range that only allows it to be zoned by any other artillery/navy unit, added to the fact that when attacking, less range also means less space for a frontline.
Forum Index » General Discussion