[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Team match problem with new rules
Forum Index » New Feature Request
GERMANator

GERMANator

And i would like to see the skipping rules to be reduced to only 1 skip before removal or as mentioned above optional. otherwise games that have a duration of 1 or 3 days will take a month. And if you want to play you will find a chance to go online for 5min a day. I do think that surrendering should be an direct -20 or higher, cuz i dont see the point in playing this game if you surrender, it is ment to be a war game. This would reduce the deopping out rate right away. Maybe you could add a button like "surrender to winner" with -10 points as an option, and the opponent has the option to decide wheter he wants to take the offer or not. So that there is a kind of shortcut to finish a game when you realise the war is lost.
Anonymous

Anonymous
There's nothing wrong with surrender. This isn't a hard core role playing game. It's also not a war simulator. If someone knows the game is lost then let them bow out with the same ratings lost as if they play to the end. Really it does you both a favor by letting you get to the next game quickly.

Not to mention you can have lost the game and still take another 10 rounds to see all the bases captured and leftover pieces cleaned up.

Anyway if you make surrender have extra penalty then you're going to see even more people dragging out games they know they've lost for as long as possible. You yourself said with skip turns in effect a 1 or 3 day game can take months, well if someone knows they're losing they're less likely to make frequent moves and some of the poorer sports will wait it out as long as possible hoping you surrender in frustration.

We all need to get over this ratings bull#@$ anyway. Play to have fun, not for some stupid score than only a few dozen other people even pay attention to. This is just a cheap iphone game after all.
GERMANator

GERMANator

i get your point but that is why i wrote something about the "surrender to winner" option with the normal penatly. it is right that you should have an option to surrender when u know you lost, but i am mainly going for the players that start (team)-games and surrender after 1-3 rounds, get no penalty at all and screw their team members. let me tell you, i know what i am talking about and where that can get you....
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

I started this post, so I certainly know the frustration of a team member bailing early or even at the beginning of the game. But I think even if they surrender right away, they will still get the score penalty provided the remaining teammate plays beyond the 3 round grace period. I find that happens frequently in larger 4-on-4 matches where 1 or 2 bail, but the remaining try to stick it out.
Either way, I think surrender is important to this game for many of the above points, its the skip, skip, skip crap that needs to change.
Forum Index » New Feature Request