[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Tournament "Exploit"
Forum Index » Tournaments
atest

atest

If you play tournament and is winning in one map and loosing in the other you can simply make sure the one you are loosing game in is a few rounds ahead of the one you are winning in.
Then when the time runs out you will be declared winner in the game with the fewest rounds and progress to the next round.

I (azorius) did this by accident in titan vs titan round 5, where I lost (completely all bases captures in round 30) and won the other game in round 29 by having killed a little more, had the games continued I would at best have won in round 35, and should thus not have been progressed to the next round.

I would suggest an alteration to the tournament rules such that: if both games are not finished, "roll back" the furthest game such that they have progressed equal and let the winner be the one with:
most total bases in both games,
if equal then:
most total kills in both games

This suggestion would have made me loose as in round 29 of the 2 games I 1 + 4 bases and my opponent had 7 + 4 bases
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

I liked the idea.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Just keep your games equal?

If both games roll back to a specific turn, don't you think that's gonna open up things for an insane amount of manipulation?

I believe the expected fix is a hard wired way to keep tournament games on the same round.

In the mean time, this is a known feature and those who are paying attention are more than aware of the implications of having games on different rounds.

In the current situation, if you're losing in one game and winning in another, you want to hold out as long as possible in your losing game, and win as quickly as possible in the other. If neither game actually ends then base captures and kill count are the tie breakers.

The only problem w the current system is ofc people getting their games out of sync. Adding in your solution opens up the system to a LOT of potential abuse .... Just keep your games synced !
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i moved the post to "tournaments".

See this long post about the in-game tourney feature : http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1953.page

Here you will see that there are a few improvements in the works.

The suggestion is a good one and we will discuss it further

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » Tournaments