[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maps listed on the website
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This is not a game feature but will help make sense of a lot of forum posts. There are a number of posts that talk about maps but I rarely know which map they're talking about just by it's name.

It would be good if there was an area of the site where you could type in a url like: http://maps.uniwar.com?deadmonk
And you could see the map and it's basic info. You could then easily link to them on posts etc.

It would be even better if you could show stats of win/loss for the various races. I feel it should be something that is auto-generatable so hopefully fairly easy to implement.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Sorry just found the website requests forum can someone with the power move this post to the correct place
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

moved !

and good idea

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Awesome idea wookie. Not sure how easy to impliment as we are making new maps all the time but would be nice to have access to the data base online to link to when talking about game strategy or map designs/redesigns.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I develop software for a living and if I had access to the database with the map data and images, I think I could get a basic web page displaying a named map in a couple of days. The uniwar devs could probably do the same in a lunch break

I've thought more about this idea since I posted it. If the data is stored for past games then a table like this will a add some real data to the many arguments over balance on various levels.

So on this level you're most likely to win if you play Titans, unless you're playing as player 2 then Khraleans do best. The map is balanced in terms of start position but favours Titans. This table allows for maps with multiple players too I.e.p3 p4 etc. I know some will argue that you need the full set of all vs all playing in each position but I think this will give more than enough information.

Then all you need to do is argue about how to make each level more balanced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20, 2016 09:25

Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better