[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Accessories
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Hello,

Dragon recently proposed a collaboration on the forums to try and bring about the possiblity of official uniwar apparel and acessories.

I am no skilled artist, but here is an attempt of mine from custom inks t-shirt designer.

http://www.customink.com/lab?cid=gjg0-00aj-p4rk&YI=true&pc=HL-142344&utm_campaign=hotlink_201601&utm_source=hotlink&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewlink&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-5-_-Body_txt-_-viewlink

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

lol thats close to the my personal t-shirt design that I was thinking about.

I'd like to call this project UNI-BLING

Back when I was working on Wildwest game (15 years now??) we put together a bunch of our wild west images and logos for our players to purchase. These had either the wildwest logo, game artwork, or screen caps of some of our maps. We had a website that would put various images onto all sorts of stuff, T-shirts, mouse pads, mugs and steins, clocks, and InSynerate (designers of wildwest) got a percentage of the sales. This allowed our players to both help our production of the game and website as well as show their love in the non cyber world.

I WANT a pinzer t-shirt real bad. In talking to other gamers in game and on chat I'm NOT ALONE.

So I see project Uni-Bling as 2 part. Part 1 is those of us with artwork skills work on what images we need in what format for such a project. Second is then shameless pimping so that all in the uni-community is aware they can get such bling.

Ideally Xavi will only need to aprove artwork and set up basic info on what ever site we use for this project, we should do the rest of this giving him time to work on this game we love.

Step one. Do we know the Font for the Uniwar logo?
Is that a font or just a graphic? For I'd not only want

Uniwar but Uniwarrior in the same font/graphics as an overlay of the other artwork

Step two. What images do folks want. I propose some discussion then post a poll for the community to voice their opinions

General
A must is this:

But I'd also love the hex grid we get in the load screen too (could not find it on line) if anyone could either find it or get a good screen cap of it

Race specifics

Khral:

Sapiens:

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

apparently we have a limited amount of text for posts so continuing here

Titians:

Those images are from the uniwars.com unit page but Xavi mentioned in a game chat that somewhere on the forum there are other unit images. I'd love to get better color combos (yellow/green Pinzer for example)
And some units look better in their attack animations (Wyrm spit for example) so if the artwork is not easy to find we will have to try with screen caps and photoshop

So UniWarriors are you with us? Voice your opinions on artwork ideas and anything else allong this line.

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

apparently we have a limited amount of text for posts so continuing here

Titians:

Those images are from the uniwars.com unit page but Xavi mentioned in a game chat that somewhere on the forum there are other unit images. I'd love to get better color combos (yellow/green Pinzer for example)
And some units look better in their attack animations (Wyrm spit for example) so if the artwork is not easy to find we will have to try with screen caps and photoshop

So UniWarriors are you with us? Voice your opinions on artwork ideas and anything else allong this line.

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Some of my old wildwest bling, my clock on my bookcase and my old mouse pad (insert) I've other stuff too.

Yes, I'm well armed in my reading nook, I did not lie in chat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04, 2016 21:23

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Must more elaborate planning that what I suggusted, but you are right. That is the route accessories need to take for uniwar to have this type of a deal.

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Search for assets in forum to find all the image files with different colored units... But Xavi just said he's releasing higher res soon.

My wife found a uniwar onesie online. Not an official store. Too bad my son already outgrew it.

I'd love a uniwar phone case.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

mr, creapy, do you mean the cafe press website that has this logo on a onesie for sale:

This is the same site that I found one of our old mug designs on

hmm interesting....

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I will soon upload all the high resolution game assets here so that anyone can access & use them

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

xavi wrote:I will soon upload all the high resolution game assets here so that anyone can access & use them

Thank you Xavi.

2 quick questions.
First, do you know if the uniwar logo is a particular font or just a graphics?

Second, Is this a project you'd like us to work on. I can look into the company we used in wildwest. It should still be out there on the web.

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

So a closer look at the logo in photo shop looks like a graphic vs a font so i did a little work myself for this:

And with that I did a quicky for these two:

Opinions my fellow Uniwarriors?

Teams (Members)
nindatana

nindatana

Great ideas!

For main logo, should not be square, complete the outer empty hexes.

For units, showing in action would be great.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

nindatana wrote:Great ideas!

For main logo, should not be square, complete the outer empty hexes.

For units, showing in action would be great.

these are just rough outs of ideas. the resolutions are far too low for real artwork. Just getting feedback

Teams (Members)
Forum Index » General Discussion