[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Quickmatch
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Would you play quickmatches if available?
yes 67% [ 6 ]
no 11% [ 1 ]
yes, but very rarely 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Hello everybody, sorry for some bad english.

I think when the Uniwar goes on web-pc and whole lotta new players will come, we should a little bit change current match timing.
To date, we have various New Game time limits and 2 quickest of them are pretty useless. We are from all around the globe and unless you settle with somebody, you just can't play quick match with anybody, because this demands too much effort, setting at a specific daytime and spending large amount of time (3 minutes per turn, even small maps are 10-25x2= circa 50 turns, equals 1,5 hours).
How about a little change?

Quickmatch mode
- different kind of ranking / no ranking at all (possible 'hidden' rank only for matching purposes)
- entrance from inside of a game, 1 simple click, choose between: 5 - 10 - 15 - 30 - 60 time for a WHOLE MATCH (like a clock in chess).
- random enemy appears, closest to your quickmatch rank.
ALSO - this specific mode needs to be undo-free without account change, whatever if the mainstream of a game will follow paid option or adv option

PROS:
- more people chess-oriented will enjoy the game
- Astrologist announces the week of Uniwarriorz. The population increases
- more elegant and inside of the app

CONS:
- our lord and savior Xavi would have a lot of work, i guess
- we should obviously stress out that this would be only one of possibilities to play, not the brand new direction which the whole game should follow.
- possible cheaters, especially with the timing, so i guess any kind of tournaments / serious rank would be impossible

So, what is your opinion?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21, 2016 10:04

[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

Good idea. I heard that many people complain that games are to slow. There should be some way to give new players posibillity to play fast games not only 3 minutes. Your idea is very nice.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Added poll and refreshing topic, because it seemed lonely and undiscovered at page 2
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

This should only be a 'live' game vs our regular 'semi live' games we have now.

I think quick move game option would be good (with a warning screen before starting that it's a timed 'LIVE' game (so those that don't have the time) will know

The LIVE mode should also disable the 'jump to next game' feature as that will slow it down as well.

Biggist issue with time limits is that too many new folks with only 4 gaming slots think that 3+ player games should be as fast as the 1v1 with bots. So they are stuck with 4 slots that don't move and get board, and either quit (screwing up the game for the other players) or leave uniwars (also screwing up the game for other players.

I've completely stopped any random pickup multi player games because of this (garanteed to loose 1/3-2/3 of players within the first 5 moves) so whats the point of joining it even if it's a good looking map.

There should also be a warning message to newer players that joining any game over 3 players could take days between turns as well.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
nindatana

nindatana

TheDragon wrote:This should only be a 'live' game vs our regular 'semi live' games we have now.

Was this meant to say "there should be only ONE live game"?

If so I agree, though could be persuaded 2 is alright.

All other points were good too.

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

TheDragon wrote:This should only be a 'live' game vs our regular 'semi live' games we have now.

I think quick move game option would be good (with a warning screen before starting that it's a timed 'LIVE' game (so those that don't have the time) will know

The LIVE mode should also disable the 'jump to next game' feature as that will slow it down as well.

Biggist issue with time limits is that too many new folks with only 4 gaming slots think that 3+ player games should be as fast as the 1v1 with bots. So they are stuck with 4 slots that don't move and get board, and either quit (screwing up the game for the other players) or leave uniwars (also screwing up the game for other players.

I've completely stopped any random pickup multi player games because of this (garanteed to loose 1/3-2/3 of players within the first 5 moves) so whats the point of joining it even if it's a good looking map.

There should also be a warning message to newer players that joining any game over 3 players could take days between turns as well.

Live mode sounds good. Yes the way i see it in imagination is kinda separate window/something that pops out and stays until it's over, not on the mainscreen with other games. After pressing separate button. As well i think that it should be available only 1 / moment, whatever if all slots are occupied or not.

[Xavi you could then make some nice profit from having x live matches / day and pay-to-increase daily slots or something]

Also i think only xs and x ranked maps should be played.
But these are all only details, aren't they?
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

nindatana wrote:

Was this meant to say "there should be only ONE live game"?

If so I agree, though could be persuaded 2 is alright.

All other points were good too.

no but you are right. while in live mode other game turns are on hold (or other live player(s) are left hanging while you are off making multiple turns.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing! You expressed it very well. I think that this is a necessary idea to make uniwar more popular in the long term. This would make it more fun to play, and to watch highlights.

Agreed that it would be a ton of work, but I'd definitely put on money for a kickstarter for this. I think Xavi has done an awesome job trying to build a revenue stream from uniwar and I would love to be able to support him BEFORE he's done the work.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I'd honor to have some live mode. I'll make up some basic ground rule ideas:

-No undo all (but the last unit undo is still usable)

-No cheating in the live mode, otherwise, the cheater is automatically disqualified and forfeits the win.

-All players are given 3-5 minutes to make their moves, exceeding the time limit automatically skips the player, but the moves he/she already made are kept for the opponent's turn.

-Peace button is disabled, but if both players surrendered simultaneously, the result counts as a draw.

-The games are best of 3-5, whoever gets the 1st turn on the 1st game is decided through coin toss. The victor gets the 1st turn on the 2nd game and turns are altered for the next 3 games.

Rules for map makers:

-Maps' size can go up to 16x16 tile allowance.

-Anything that ruins the game's racial balance are reported to the moderators and are to decide if it's to be declined or not.

-All maps must only have 1 occupied base. while the rest of the bases desired are left at neutral. Reason: to not get disrupted by the credit advantage, favoring the non-1st players.

that's all for now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23, 2016 03:30

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Porphyr

Porphyr

I like this idea a lot, but the way my real life works, I the more "Play by email" style of the "normal" game. If at all I would rather play the "blitz" variants (i.e. 5-10 minutes for the whole match). Although I think that these extreme variants will have to fight all kinds of latency issues (network, server loade, etc)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I can't see this being a sub part of the current uniwar game. It feels like something closer to hearthstone. It might start as a branch of the current code base but there are so many things that need to change to make a profitable live game from this daily turn based game that keeping them as one game will be nearly impossible, risk breaking the current feel of uniwar and likely be expensive.

Having said that I still like the idea of a live version for those times when I have time and a good internet connection.
Forum Index » New Feature Request