[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Etiquette on time outs and skipping turns in tournaments
Forum Index » General Discussion
Selexcis

Selexcis

I am playing round 6 of KvK

My opponent has timed out in both his games, with a message in one asking me not to skip his turn.

I do not want to progress in this tournament by skipping a turn.

It is now 16 hours since the last move.

However I am concerned about the possibility with all the extra time given that he is possibly receiving or awaiting external help with his turn however unlikely this is.

16 hours is a full waking hour day. even if 8 hours of it was sleep, that is still 8 waking hours on a weekend.

Is there a consensus on how long one should wait before skipping? (given it is both games, I am sure he is not trying to delay his winning game)

Thanks for your opinions.

EVR1022

EVR1022

If you don't think he's playing for time, and he hasn't logged on at all, I would give him more time.
Selexcis

Selexcis

He logged in to tell me not to skip his turn
Selexcis

Selexcis

Oh he surrendered I thought it was a reasonably tight game on one, although in another i had both material and base number advantage. can close this thread now
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

some folks have issues come up in real life. The fact that he logged in to ask for time tells me such. Also his surrender may be due to needing to deal with real world issues as well.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Selexcis

Selexcis

this is true. if he told me what it was i would have waited. i guess language barrier could be responsible as well.
Forum Index » General Discussion