[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maps - "best of five" "spiral in to control"
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Like everyone who has created a map you hope that it will become something that is fair, fun, original and played by many. However even after reading the forum and some very old posts I'm really not sure how i go about getting my maps to a rated state.
One suggestion is you post your maps in the forum...so please try "best of five" and "spiral in to control" both 1v1 maps that are perfectly symmetrical.
Testing maps is really tricky. You can't:
- play offline
- edit maps once uploaded
- start as player 2
- play any more than your max game count
- see any historical stats e.g. 2500 sap vs 1500 titan.sap lost

Also the in app level editor is very basic, just adding undo would help.

Lastly searching the many many user generated maps to see if your idea had been done before is almost impossible. I tried quite hard with spiral in to control, but I was mainly relying on text search then clicking through, very laborious! If you generated an icon for every map then you could scroll through pages of maps at a time. I think in there you could have a tinder like yes/no. At least just locally I.e. that map looks terrible never show it to me again
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

hit up players in english/spam forum for folks to test and rate it. Fastest route

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » User Generated Maps