[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Medic units cure option
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I think it would be nice if your medic type units could cure your converted base units. Once cured it returns to its normal unit type.

I.e.
Medic = cure infected marine
Assimilator = reset reprogrammed titan
Infector = reanimate cyber underling

In each case there is a chance that the unit dies. If it survives it loses half it's health rounded up. The survival rate is dependant on the units health. E.g. 10/20 for full health, down to 1/20.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

You do realize that the stats of converted units are better than the original right? why would you want to downgrade them

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Because then they would be mine again rather than belong too the enemy... but I like the idea of leaving them improved too but thought that might make the ability too powerful.
amidama

amidama

That will add whole new layer of complexity, leading to perpetual cycle of converting and re-converting.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I don't think it will cause a perpetual cycle because there is always a better than 50% chance the unit will die and even if it survives it would be weak and need a turn or 2 to heal. Also the times that a unit gets converted is relatively rare it's mostly the threat but there would be a chance you could get your unit back (whether it remains on its super charged state or not).
I have felt on a number of maps, especially where there are low credits per turn, that SvT S have a significant advantage. marines with medics just push titans and assimilators back there's nothing they can do without the support from their plasma tanks and that is to slow and expensive compared to the S army.
If assimilators could convert/kill a reprogrammed titan then you could stand your ground to some extent. You could gang up some titans on a marine then get a titan in to attack the medic knowing that when it is turned your assimilators can either destroy it or if your lucky get it back. Still would require some skill to plan that kind of defence.
The same is true for TvK though less so as the ants are fast and can bury. Again less so for KvS because the infector costs 300. It means the medic type units would not be so useless against their nemesis race
amidama

amidama

So basicly you want something that gives low ingame profit, is complex and may be used only on a few maps.
try to make it simpler, like re-converted unit always die, or re-converted unit always take 2 damage (and possibly die), or re-programmed unit stays without ability to move for 2 turns, or that new unit stays as it is.

And try to find more cases where this will be useful, i mean maps and strategies.

And possibly try to make it important enough. Currenrly converted units already have low health on average. So with your math they wil die in most cases anyway.

And lastly try to combine everything above into a sencente with as few words as possible (simple explanation)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11, 2016 16:54

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Just popped in to say that I don't like this idea.

Because, converting and owning converting units is, in my opinion:
Fun
Something that doesn't happen too often

So to reduce the effectiveness of this base ability by giving it a counter, to me, is depressing.

I WOULD like to see engineer class units get an extra ability. But I do not like this idea

(My two preferred abilities they get are: 1) training - granting 50 or so experience to an adjacent unit. 2) healing an adjacent unit for one health)

Forum Index » New Feature Request