[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Visible buried underling.
Forum Index » General Discussion
edrooster

edrooster

The last update exposed buried underling to opponents. What's the point of that? It's one of the few underling advantages. They're already the weakest ground unit and can't attack flying units at all.
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

Scaning underlings was easy but time killing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2jl4tR31Q
Now we can save some time.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

MortalWombat

MortalWombat

No matter how easy it was detecting buried units, showing them plainly is taking away an advantage, I for one hope this gets fixed.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

No one loses anything for having the underlings visible when you are next to them. The hp is still not visible and they get their attack bonus when resurfacing. all thats lost is the mine sweeper game that would identify their location but that's not why most people play uniwar.
Porphyr

Porphyr

MortalWombat wrote:No matter how easy it was detecting buried units, showing them plainly is taking away an advantage, I for one hope this gets fixed.

Please explain: WHAT advantage was taken away?
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

But modern billy ware does not stock minesweeper any more. Now I'll have to go out and find a copy online

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Cordeth

Cordeth

It ruins the element of surprise. It ruins traps. That was the advantage they had.
Porphyr

Porphyr

Cordeth wrote:It ruins the element of surprise. It ruins traps. That was the advantage they had.

It would only surprise very low level players (i.e. those that did not know the meaning of those golden numbers).

As soon as the buried underling came close to an enemy unit, that golden number would tell, so there was no surprise.
Cordeth

Cordeth

Then what is the point of burrowing then?
drumstep

drumstep

To name a few: get behind the enemy, see what they are building on far bases, +4 attack on resurface, force enemy to position around them, and extra gangup spots.
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

The most common case I have is when there is a titan wall+walkers. I can use swarmers/wyrm to kill a unit covering a walker, and should I have an underling under the unit I just killed I can now unburrow them and attack the walker.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
Forum Index » General Discussion