[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
TuggieWar
Forum Index » Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool!
PolterGhost

PolterGhost

Map name: TuggieWar
Map maker: Lexxtrism
Number of Players: 2

Reason for down voting: Heavily favors titan matchups with easy-to-control sea channels and a single entrance protected by difficult terrain. It's easy enough for titans to access the front line, as they have two clear terrain spaces between one base and the front, and a forest + clear space from a second base towards the front. At 500 credits a turn, they can easily set up a strong defence with little effort and begin building artillery.

Change recommendations (if you have any): Not sure. I'm not a huge fan of maps with singular fronts that have to be navigated as opposed to two or three lanes of attack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02, 2016 15:54

Porphyr

Porphyr

Hmmm I don't think titan has such a big advantage here that it justifies downvoting the map. I once played T vs S on this map (as T), with a strategy as you described - and I lost. Sap has various options here, including destroyers that can bypass the wall and strike hard against the walkers.
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

I can't speak for Sapian vs Titans, but I recently played as Khral on this map against a titan. It was a bit tough, but I was able to fend their teleports/pushes and break apart their backline of walkers. I will say it does favor titans a bit, since they can have boats+walkers cover the single lane of pushing but that also costs them a lot of money and leaves them with little frontline if they rush for boats and walkers.

As khral, I usually go to cap all points as soon as possible, including the harbor after getting the base next to it. As soon as I do I pump out leviathans/underlings for a few turns unless I need to cover the frontline, then I'll get leviathans as I can (600 vs 800 on the boats, so you can get them quicker and bring them to frontline before titans can usually). With this I back them up with flyers, usually guradas but I'll sprinkle in some swarmers if they are walker heavy as well. While I'm pushing/holding on the water front using leviathans/swarmers/gurada, I'll be moving all those underlings I created at the start burrowed towards their walkers. This way they must position well to avoid my underlings and/or protect them with other units such as mechas/assimilators. This can also setup nice combos where my leviathan can kill a unit where I have an underling burrowed, and then chain from there to unburrow more and more underlings to attack that same turn.

So while Tuggiewar is not my favorite map, I don't feel it's deserving of a downvote with my current experiences. Although that may change if I have more experience with sapians on the map, as I've mostly only done khral and titan matchups for it.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
Forum Index » Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool!