[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Adding more racial differences (+ fixing some balance)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Are those changes good and worth adding to the game?
Yes! 43% [ 3 ]
They are good, but game is fine as it is. 14% [ 1 ]
Fine with some tweaks (i'll post them here) 0% [ 0 ]
No! 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7
Archangal

Archangal

Hey all, i have some ideas how to make races more unique. At the moment they are quite different, but i think it lacks some unique abilities that would fit their theme. Note: all given NUMBERS can be changed for the sake of balanse, they are here only to help you understand what i have in mind.

Sapiens: RESEARCH - Sapiens player can now research "Hellfire missiles" ability for helicopter in one of his land bases (you cant build units in that base this turn). The upgrade would cost 750 and be active next turn. This affects both current and future helicopters.
HELLFIRE MISSILES - deals 3 damage to a target ground heavy unit. Enemy can't counterattack. Range 1-2. Cooldown 4 (?) turns.

Personal note: I think research would fit sapiens theme very well. This also helps one of the biggest sapiens issue (not able to break titan wall).

Khraleans: EVOLVE - gives Garuda an ability to evolve to his bigger form (i'm terrible at creating names so i will just call it "Acid dragon"). Evolving takes 2 turns. While evolving garuda becomes a cocoon (with same health as garuda had), which is ground heavy unit (which of course cant move nor attack) with 5 defense. After 2 turns have passed, the cocoon becomes Acid dragon, which is a whole new unit with HP equal to the cocoon's HP.

ACID DRAGON - can not be build in base, only evolved from garuda.
Mobility 9 (3 points lower than garuda)
Vision 5 (same)
Repair 2 (same)
Defense 10 (2 points higher)
Range 1

Attack vs light 10 (3 points higher)
vs heavy 7 (1 points lower)
vs air 6 (3 points lower)
vs aqua 8 (same)

Special ability: ACID SPRAY - deals 5 damage to ground light unit. Enemy can't counterattack. If enemy was affected by plague, deals 10 (?) damage instead. Range 1. Cooldown 5 turns.

Personal note: This emphasizes khraleans ability to keep up with other technological races by only genes and mutations. From the balance side, acid dragon would help vs Sapiens to fight mass marines, which is a big problem, especially on maps with a lot of mountains and forests.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08, 2016 12:47

Archangal

Archangal

Titans: GATEWAY - remove eclipse teleport ability. Instead give it ability to transform into gateway. Transforming takes 1 turn. Gateway can't attack nor move, other stats are same as eclipse. After transforming has been completed, Gateway creates energy field (call it whatever you like) 1 tile around itself. When there is at least one gateway active, all titan units gain the ability to WARP-IN. This allows any titan unit (except other gateways) to be teleported to any tile affected by energy field and only be unactive until your next turn.
Gateway has an ability to transform back to eclipse (takes 1 turn).

Personal note: this would fix titans mobility problem while keeping their uniqueness. Also titans would be no longer known as a build up race, as you can warp-in units into your frontline and do very strong push.

What do you think? Would those changes be good?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08, 2016 12:45

amidama

amidama

Too much changes, it basically will be another game =)-

Hakumen
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

There is no reason these ideas can't be added to the new units list.
There's been talk about new races and units for a long long time but they have yet to appear.

I'd rather have new races (and those ideas could be added to a magic based race for example) as that would give far more interplay than a few tweaks to the current races.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

oops double posted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08, 2016 13:01

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

i agree with wookie, all we need are new units and races, that way it still preserves that simplicity uniwar still has

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

this would be a huge change to the game. And I love it.

I love the idea of tech / upgrades. I would love if there were actual upgrades. Like pay 400 for plus one body armor to marines.

But yeah I'm generally in favor of new options in game. At the very least I would want this available in unranked games
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Of course this is secondary to the genius Colossals idea
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Nice idea, developer should make a proposal collection of new units or abilities with unicoin awards, and inform in app to encourage all players to post and poll. Then adjust according to top players' suggestions before bring it to unrank games.
Forum Index » New Feature Request