[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
revenge mirror
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Imbalanced map is a big problem.

Developers planed to set up solo pro rank long long ago, in which every random ranked game would be mirror. It's a good idea, but seems that it will never be online.

Now developers change the map feedback for collecting data.It will help. But it works slowly and the imbalance of map can't be eliminated.

So I'm looking forward to the revenge mirror. If you lose a ranked game which you think the map is imbalanced, you can propose a mirror rematch that can't be refused. If you win the rematch, both sides' score won't change no matter how many turns you spent to win. But if you lose the rematch again, you have to take a 300% score punishment which means you totally lose threefold the score you would lose in the first game.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

It seems like a good idea, but wouldn't it be unnecessary in the face of mirror mode?
EVR1022

EVR1022

Love this idea. This might even be better than Pro ladder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20, 2016 19:34

Snipe2004

Snipe2004

I like it, but I can see one major problem.

Imagine I win against a guy really more ranked than me, because for example he made me wait for hours before getting dismissed, or he made a mistake I was able to take profit of, or any other bad or good reason. Then, he forces a rematch, and I have very few chances to win a second time...
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Aristotle wrote:Imbalanced map is a big problem.

Developers planed to set up solo pro rank long long ago, in which every random ranked game would be mirror. It's a good idea, but seems that it will never be online.

Now developers change the map feedback for collecting data.It will help. But it works slowly and the imbalance of map can't be eliminated.

So I'm looking forward to the revenge mirror. If you lose a ranked game which you think the map is imbalanced, you can propose a mirror rematch that can't be refused. If you win the rematch, both sides' score won't change no matter how many turns you spent to win. But if you lose the rematch again, you have to take a 300% score punishment which means you totally lose threefold the score you would lose in the first game.

Maybe if they refuse the rematch, the points get refunded to both parties (kind of like accepting peace). This would prevent hard feelings where someone never offers peace or says anything about the map being imbalanced, then goes for revenge after. And the other player KNOWS it was imbalanced but now doesn't have much of a choice?
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Snipe2004 wrote:I like it, but I can see one major problem.

Imagine I win against a guy really more ranked than me, because for example he made me wait for hours before getting dismissed, or he made a mistake I was able to take profit of, or any other bad or good reason. Then, he forces a rematch, and I have very few chances to win a second time...

Well, in another hand, when you play with someone less skillful than you and lose for being skipped or making mistakes, you can also use revenge to take a second chance.

In fact, rank score should be a symbol of one's real ability. It requires stability. So if one is really less skillful, there's no reason to have a higher score because of luck or else.
[Avatar]
Aristotle

[Avatar]
Aristotle

Duaneski wrote:
Maybe if they refuse the rematch, the points get refunded to both parties (kind of like accepting peace). This would prevent hard feelings where someone never offers peace or says anything about the map being imbalanced, then goes for revenge after. And the other player KNOWS it was imbalanced but now doesn't have much of a choice?

You can just surrender the rematch, and the scores won't change.

The only difference is that you will add one lose in your profile. I think it doesn't matter. So both are acceptable for me.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Aristotle wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:

You can just surrender the rematch, and the scores won't change.

The only difference is that you will add one lose in your profile. I think it doesn't matter. So both are acceptable for me.

Yeah I read it wrong. Either way works for me as well
Forum Index » New Feature Request