[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Let's talk Infector
Forum Index » New Feature Request
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:58

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Michaelrn wrote:I like the idea to use the infector to try to balance the match K vs S. There are some interesting suggestions here that I liked :
- larger radius of plague;
- give it some defense ( 3 would be enough to reliably survive one attack from any unit );
- reduction in the cost ( although it would probably have to get a nerf to the repair bonus too );
- a buff to the infected marine.

And another suggestion : what if the plague ability create a cloud in the area, for the duration of one round, and any Sapiens unit already inside this area or that move into it become plagued? Alternatively the plague can be a passive ability, like an aura around the infector that automatically poison nearby units.

Thank you for the feedback much appreciated.

I also am not a big fan of the passive ability.

I love the cloud idea. That would be really cool and would maybe deter counter attacks from saps to some extent ...

I feel like at cost 250 you wouldn't have to change the infector much. The race as a whole is considered under powered so would giving them SLIGHTLY cheaper access to heals really swing them to TOO strong in any matchup? I'm skeptical.

I think some of the other ideas are more fun though. So, yeah :p

Defense 4 seems like it might be a good spot ...?
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

Duaneski wrote:

I love the cloud idea. That would be really cool and would maybe deter counter attacks from saps to some extent ...

I feel like at cost 250 you wouldn't have to change the infector much. The race as a whole is considered under powered so would giving them SLIGHTLY cheaper access to heals really swing them to TOO strong in any matchup? I'm skeptical.

Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of my own idea of the passive plague aura.

About the reduction in cost, I think it should have to come with a downgrade in the repair bonus to don't hurt the balance in KvsT. I never feel myself underpowered when I play as Khraleans against Titans (but sometimes I feel it in the opposite situation).
I particularly would like to see a 200 credit infector with repair rate X2.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Michaelrn wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:

Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of my own idea of the passive plague aura.

About the reduction in cost, I think it should have to come with a downgrade in the repair bonus to don't hurt the balance in KvsT. I never feel myself underpowered when I play as Khraleans against Titans (but sometimes I feel it in the opposite situation).
I particularly would like to see a 200 credit infector with repair rate X2.

I would totally be good w 200 cost infector with repair 2 wonder if ppl wound want that or not ... Hmmmm

Poll time
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh I like the move after attack idea. That sounds cool.
Question:. Why are all of amidama answers edited to 0?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:Oh I like the move after attack idea. Why are all of amidama answers edited to 0?

idk
EVR1022

EVR1022

I think +1 to radius of the plague ability, combined with a cool-down cycle of two turns, would be a fair modification. Allows plague to be used with the Infector less exposed, but prevents spamming it every turn.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Apercent wrote:Oh I like the move after attack idea. That sounds cool.
Question:. Why are all of amidama answers edited to 0?

He probably pulled his sugestion/comment. Either revised it or thought better of it.
amidama

amidama

Yaaay, somebody notised =)
I removed all my posts on forum that i was able to find, thats my way to take a mock offence

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Corrin

[Avatar]
Corrin

I don't think buffing defense or plague radius is a good idea. None of the three races repair units were designed to take hits. If a marauder can attack twice in one turn and demolish an infector that means you screwed up big time with your positioning. Making the unit durable is just an excuse for poor play. The REAL problem is the positioning itself. Marauders are the most slippery units in the game; I understand that completely. When I think of Khreleans I think of mobility and flying units. So instead of giving raw stats or potentially breaking the game with a bigger plague...WHAT IF the infector can move after capturing a marine. As if it were a Helicopter / Speeder.

#1 It would keep the profile of a frail unit, just like all "repair" units.
#2 It encourages strategy by making it easier to protect the expensive infector. For example, you could position units to protect it more effectively.
#3 It won't be adding raw power with stats.
#4 This change is not nearly as volatile as making the unit a tank or buffing the plague to be massive.
#5 It should be easy to code and implement as the ability would only need minor tweaking to function. Even if that proves too difficult, you could always give "infect" a range of 1-2 and it would accomplish the same thing.
#6 It conforms to the identity of Khreleans.
#7 Buffing and nerfing the ability would be easy. It could move as low as 5 after an infection to limit it to one hex if its too powerful. Or you could keep it at 8 to allow it to move two hexes.

Edit: Apparently this idea was already thought of. I had no idea apologies xD

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 28, 2016 06:35

どうぞよろしく。わたしはトビンです。おなまえは?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

No worries man I appreciate the thought.

Personally I felt like there are a LOT of options for increasing the use of the infector. AND that given its cost the infector does not do enough work, PARTICULARY in KvS...

But it doesn't seem that others really agree w me lol.

That's okay I'm glad we have the discussion at any rate

And yea, move after convert might be my favorite fix for the infector. I WISH we would have that, for all the reasons you listed.

And yes the slippery-ness of the marauder is one huge reason why I feel like infector has a hard time doing work in KvS. In addition to its sub optimal plague.

anywho, maybe we will continue to have this discussion a bit, and eventually maybe more people will crawl out of the wood work who support a infector buff of some variety (or cost reduction)
Forum Index » New Feature Request