[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Holiday mode
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I recently went camping and had no signal what's ever. Also life occasionally gets in the way of uniwar (shocking I know).

I would like an option to pause all my games for the duration of the holiday maybe max 1 week, regen at 1 day per month. It probably can't apply to tournaments. Make it something you can pay for to get 2 weeks and 2 days per month regen.

At the very least an outlook style out of office reply that appears when the clock reaches zero. Would be nice if the zero clocks of holiday people appeared at the bottom of the games list to.

Currently to pause my uniwar for a long weekend I have to reduce all my random games to 0. Complete all my rated games. Notify everyone in the 16 games I'm playing that I might not be moving for a while.

It's bad enough you won't be playing uniwar let alone going through all that hassle!

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

When I am going on holiday or I know that I will have busy time I am shorting and finishing my games.

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Best to talk to your opponants/team mates. In casual fun games we've parked them for a weekend or week while one is off somewhere. On more cut throat games like tournies, you are probably going to be out (don't bother starting if you know you've a vacation week coming up)

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

It's impossible to stop tournament game as it would take ages to finish it.
For casual or random games do as Dragon said.

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This is exactly the point of my request. Currently you have to prepare for time off in uniwar. Some form of holiday mode would mean you don't need to prepare, you could just turn on holiday mode and not worry about time outs.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Sadly you'll always have the impatient or win at all cost types that won't want to wait.

As I said above it's best to end and not start such games (any types like that when planing a holiday) and to inform others you are gaming with. Most good friendly MP games folks can 'park' short to mid term if they have the gaming slots.

Communication is key.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

wookieontheweb wrote:This is exactly the point of my request. Currently you have to prepare for time off in uniwar. Some form of holiday mode would mean you don't need to prepare, you could just turn on holiday mode and not worry about time outs.

that could be nice. But really. It isn't possible in tourneys. They already take too long

It is possible to implement in unranked or random ranked. But what's the upside? If your opp is peeved about the wait, offer a draw or take the L. If they're not then they will wait it out.

Worst case you surrender all of your games. You will win back up to your relative "correct" ranking anyway ;p (and then if you are me, start to get pounded by 2200+ players )
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Could we have a truce mode in which people are forced to agree to a truce if they sign it. We could have a ceasefire truce, so that way if you go on a holiday, you can sign a ceasefire without having to worry about people betraying you on random ranked. It could be included right alongside the surrender and peace truces.
Forum Index » New Feature Request