[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Weather Conditions into the game
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ey guys, I just thought of weather condition ideas into the game. Here there are:

Sunny: All units in the field receive +1 Atk & Def 10% of the time.

Rain: Increases mobility cost in all terrain by 1 and temporarily diminishes terrain bonuses by 1.

Heavy Fog: Cuts unit vision in half and hides health counter to all factions.

Flood: Any natural terrain (except for mountains & deserts) adjacent to water tiles temporarily turn into swamp tiles. If there are any already existing swamp tiles adjacent to water tiles, they'll become water tiles themselves. Any ground unit in the water tile are instantly destroyed and if any aquatic unit gets stuck in the swamp tile, it won't be able to move until another flood occurs.

Drought: Any plains that are adjacent to desert tiles temporarily turn into desert tiles.

Blizzard: All desert tiles temporarily turn into mountains. Any ground heavy units get stuck by mountain tiles during Snowstorm can't do anything and are considered "buried" until Snowstorm subsides. and it also increases mobility cost to all terrain by 2.

Sandstorm: Any ground units that are in desert tiles will receive 2 points of damage when this condition is in play.

Thunderstorm: All aquatic units in the field receive 1 point of damage when this condition comes into play and ground tiles are randomly struck by lighting. Any non-aquatic unit get hit by lighting will receive 1 point of damage, aerial units receive triple the amount if struck.

Windstorm: Depending on the direction of the wind, all ground heavy units receive 2 bonus mobility if surfing with it, but 2 less mobility if going against it. This effect doubles aerial & aquatic units.

Tornado: Terrain is randomly struck by a tornado in a 1-tile radius (including the center). all ground heavy & aquatic units receive 5 points of damage if struck, ground lights are instantly destroyed if struck. All natural terrain that are affected are turned into plains for the duration of the battle.

Let me know if you have any feedback about this

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Xavi has always resisted terrain modification effects, probably due to the significant changes required to the basic code. Its a nice idea but I think its optimistic.

Maybe tornado is possible, Rather than as you describe (which I think is a bit too harsh), it turns up randomly on the map, then moves randomly from 1 tile to another, never on mountains. When it hits a light ground or naval unit it does moderate damage, aerial large damage, heavy small to none. After a few turns it disappears.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

These are GREAT suggestions. The current priorities (coming soon) are
1) ACHIEVEMENTS (earn uni-coins for free)
2) NEW UNITS

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

I personally like these ideas and it can add more strategy, but some may not like changing the formula that already works. For that I would think we could have two game types, one being the original and one including the weather changes. The problem this could incur though is splitting up the playerbase for the ranked play, so maybe first just only in unranked games like the other game types that have been added.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
Forum Index » New Feature Request