[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Anti Uniwar stories?
Forum Index » General Discussion
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Hi all. I thought we should have a thread on here where we share stories of the extreme reactions our significant others and family members have to Uniwar. It's pretty consistent amongst my play group. It started at a group brunch when one of the girlfriends realized we were each periodically spending long periods of time playing on our phones: it was a group game we were all in. I got in trouble for interrupting the conversation to tell someone across the table it was his turn.

Then there's my friend's stepdaughter who made a poster saying "no more Uniwar!" Then she did a protest march around the flat chanting it.

I've personally been explicitly and I think seriously barred from bringing it up in conversations with the wife. She's not a gamer so it's not strategy I want to talk about, just cool new developments like the flag pack. Mrs creepy ain't having any of it.

What about you? I really can't believe it's just me and my friends.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I get the "Are you playing on that game again? I'm going to take your phone off you!", but to be fair that's usually because I'm making moves on Uniwar when I should be looking after the children or doing some other house work. Mostly my wife is very tolerant of my Uniwaring probably because it can be put down instantly, but she is not in the least bit interested in playing it. She might if there was a board game version

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Wookie sounds like our wives might be the same person :p

She at least feigns interest when I tell her about my maps or about new units and whatnot.

The pipe dream of her one day playing lives on. But seems unlikely
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

My gal would like to give me grief, but then I state the obvious (her games take far more of her time) never mind the grandkids have a serious xbox/tablet/ hell anything electronic addiction and then it's quiet for me for a few more days.

As I posted on the other thread, could be a worse addiction.

I also found uniwars through a local gaming group (sadly many no longer play regularly) They also have similar issues

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

(double post)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06, 2016 17:36

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

My girlfriend used to call UniWar my Mistress... Jealousy, Jealousy!

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Hey buddy look at this cool game!
'Meh.', He said

Meh.

Meh.

Meh
Meh.
Meh
So I pulled out my trusty ak-47. "Holy s-" he managed to say, before his lunhs were filled with 40 freedom sized pieces of lead.
"What happened to 'meh'?" I gloat over his dead body.

Bakes

Bakes

Uniwar is my gf number one enemy. Phrases like "all you do is play that stupid game", "I hate that game", and "I'm going to take that phone away from you" are common.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As a gamer, my grandmother used to want me to stop playing this even tho this game doesn't take me much time, which that reason seem to got her convinced not to

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Red Five

[Avatar]
Red Five

My wife and another player's wife are trying to start a "wives of Uniwar" support group.

.....We must never let that happen.....
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Red Five wrote:My wife and another player's wife are trying to start a "wives of Uniwar" support group.

That sounds like they're trying to make us generals and they get to brag about it to others D:

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

My dad asked if I wanted to play a game of chess online. I said I might be up for chess but I'd really like to play UniWar with him. And sent him a screenshot. He said, "I learned how to play chess at age 12. After 50 years I'm starting to get pretty good. I don't think I could learn a new game. Old dogs and new tricks."
I'll keep working on him!
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

LkASr wrote:
  Red Five wrote:My wife and another player's wife are trying to start a "wives of Uniwar" support group.

That sounds like they're trying to make us generals and they get to brag about it to others D:

that means the resistance is trying to organize. look where that got the empire :o

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Paul5678 wrote:My dad asked if I wanted to play a game of chess online. I said I might be up for chess but I'd really like to play UniWar with him. And sent him a screenshot. He said, "I learned how to play chess at age 12. After 50 years I'm starting to get pretty good. I don't think I could learn a new game. Old dogs and new tricks."
I'll keep working on him!

Let him know there are many of us 'old dogs' enjoying Uniwars. My oldest grandson has been playing a short while (till he broke his iphone. needs to work that off to get it fixed) and grand daughter has just started as well. My youngest grandson (now likes it as well but he only gets to play supervised games and only with bots.

Teams (Members)
Forum Index » General Discussion