[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
18 New units are coming...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

GreyWulf wrote:Being able to make air defences and ground fortifications would make the game less and less about "Attack! Attack!" but that is good.

I can't wait for more tactical choice!

but then, what if those defenses would lead to more stalemates, having neither side to advance

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Sloan

Sloan

Just. Please don't do a closed beta again.
twitchboom

twitchboom

Bleh. A game that was described as an honest strategy game is going to become like the other crappy ones that have too many unit types and entirely too much in the way of 'features' to appease the masses who cry that given the same starting credits and ability to spend, they can't win against their superior strategic opponent. I'm hoping this idea gets scrapped, to prevent the game from becoming crap.

I had an idea in a private or team chat awhile back when speaking to a teammate while we got schooled by sniggih and ennui.

The idea was this: take the game as it was before even the blaster units were put into the game, call it Uniwar Classic, and allow players whom some might call elitist or purists, to pay $0.99 for their copy. Boom. Problem solved through instead of just adding new features into one game, branching it with a throwback instead of a spinoff as well.

Many players will still play both, and the purists and the ones who always want more features added to an already phenomenal game, can have each their own corners to hang out in or be able to play with eachother. Multiple products, like having a basic Scout knife vs. a Swiss army knife.

Anyway. My rant for the day, and I somehow stopped myself from being a complete and total smart@ss

Too many p2w features, fyi, are the reason most of the games I play are solo. It's not usually the amount of people, it's the game getting changed so very much from it's origins that it resembles the base game's rules none at all. That's not evolution,
"evolution is for life forms, not programs unless it's for performance or security." As my baby sister's linux it teacher told her when she compared new features to evolution.

Okay, now I'm done with my rant.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15, 2017 15:05

robikrom

robikrom

Have to delete this game because it has bacome totally unbalanced with this new units. what sense to build the Walker per 750 crystal when you can build for the same price 2 guardians wich are more useful than static Walker??? It is a great mistake to involve new unbalanced units in the game. Sorry guys, but it becomes a bullshit.

I really hope, that some day they will be removed and I will install good old Uniwar again.

Нема ніде нічого (с)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15, 2017 19:01

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

robikrom wrote: Have to delete this game because it bacomed totally unbalanced with this new units. what sense to build the Walker per 750 crystal when you can build for the same price 2 guardian wich are more useful then static Walker??? It is a great mistake to invole new unbalanced unit in the game. Sorry guys, but it bacomes a bullshit.

I really hope, that some day they will be removed and I will install good old Uniwar again.

Two guardians are frequently a better option than one Walker. But not always. To state it as such is foolish.

You have every right to delete the game if you like. Balance is ongoing. But if you don't want to wait, it isn't like anyone can stop you :p
Atome Sec

Atome Sec

Before they started to add some "exciting" features, the game was really strategicall.
Presently, with all those new units, the game is becoming a crappy pay to win game that satisfies only paymasters and those with a childish mind.
Developers chose to obey to this public who considers all news like "cool", this public who says "Oh my God! New units are so cool! Great! Look how I'm destroying those who don't have it!".
Why? Because it's this public who pay and make more money.

Consequently, this game is currently a Pay To Win game because it's more profitable for developers...

Soon, there will be 15 units per race, whose 7 are free and 8 that you have to pay for it...
If we consider that each unit costs 550 uni coins, we will need to pay 11 550 uni coins plus 999 for the unlimited reroll....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16, 2017 04:37

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Branching is a terrible idea. There is little enough time for the dev team to maintain the current branch doubling their work load with 2 products is crazy.

An option for the purists to restrict maps or themselves and opponents to only using original units could make sense and could make the current pay2win arguments obsolete, however the game needs to earn money somehow, even if it is just to pay for the servers and as they have already proved in the past even a modest fee is not enough to keep the lights on.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Atome Sec

Atome Sec

I know they have to earn money, but they don't have to transform their game into a Pay2Win....

They can for exemple add new asthetically pleasing features that have no impact on the gameplay.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Atome Sec wrote:I know they have to earn money, but they don't have to transform their game into a Pay2Win....

They can for exemple add new asthetically pleasing features that have no impact on the gameplay.

Who do you think is gonna buy literal crap that does nothing?

The game will NOT be pay to win.

An ad system - where when you want to build a unit you do not own , you will simply have to watch a short ad first.

Will this be annoying? I don't know. Maybe. But it sure as hell isnt gonna be p2w.

This system is weeks away. And it's been talked about in almost every medium of Uniwar.

You guys ignoring it makes you seem like trolls.

YES THAT System should've been in place before these units went to ranked. We almost unanimously agree on that. But you know what, people make mistakes. And it will be fixed.

The game will not be p2w now or ever.

The balance issue is a separate thing. And is ongoing. My advice there is the same. Be patient. It'll get better over time.
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Instead of breaking it into 2 games, why dont we just introduce a classic leaderboard where all new units are locked? I do not know if this is even possible to implement but I would probably pay to have access to this leaderboard. However, that's a lot of leaderboards if you open them up for teams as well. Possibly an ad system could be implemented for these games as well with a pay to remove? Just a thought from Volf
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I think that when the watch-an-an-before-building-a-unit-you-dont-own-feature is implementet... it will mean that all players have access to all units in all situations... splitting up in more ladders... will probably not happen

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Atome Sec

Atome Sec

I hope you're right Duaneski.

I know that they talked about this add system, but as I have never seen any option that allow us to build those units for free, I began to drive to despair....
Presently I need to win without blaster units againts people who have it in ranked games, and it makes me sad...
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Yeah it's coming soon. I feel it would have been better either holding off making them available in ranked or making them free for all until the ad system was ready. Maybe this is a marketing ploy

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Atome Sec

Atome Sec

wookieontheweb wrote:Yeah it's coming soon. I feel it would have been better either holding off making them available in ranked or making them free for all until the ad system was ready. Maybe this is a marketing ploy

Yes but they know that they earn more money like that. Me and my team are fighting against a player who has salamanders.... Maybe one of them will buy it too. Therefore it's surely a marketing ploy that increases the chances that players pay for new units.

Unfortunately, they prefer money instead of keeping their Free2Play game aspect...
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Atome Sec wrote:
  wookieontheweb wrote:Yeah it's coming soon. I feel it would have been better either holding off making them available in ranked or making them free for all until the ad system was ready. Maybe this is a marketing ploy

Yes but they know that they earn more money like that. Me and my team are fighting against a player who has salamanders.... Maybe one of them will buy it too. Therefore it's surely a marketing ploy that increases the chances that players pay for new units.

Unfortunately, they prefer money instead of keeping their Free2Play game aspect...

i assure you its not.
Xavier is on vacation and didnt have time to finish that feature before he left. He will make it when he gets backin 1-2 weeks.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request