[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fake Administration
Forum Index » General Discussion
Abie

Abie

I received a message from someone named "Administration" that said:

"Congratulation! You've been preselected to join our team of moderators for the new version soon to be released. There are many advantages in helping our staff monitor the chat rooms as well as a few details that should be discussed prior to accepting this responsibility. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact moderator Simsverd with your inquiry."

I thought this was real and I emailed Simsverd right away asking about it. He said it was spam. Then I looked more into it, and I concluded this was not sent from an administrator. Administrator's send messages from "Admin"
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We are looking into it. Thank you for reporting it. The player will get banned.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Abie

Abie

Don't ban the player? lets talk in game?
King pyrrhus

King pyrrhus

Wow! Banned for something as funny and harmless as that?!
[Avatar]
Corrin

[Avatar]
Corrin

A ban may very well be warranted despite so many disagreeing. It's impersonating an administrator AND it's encouraging players to spam Simsverd. The spam is also dishonest and it wastes peoples time and energy. Perhaps it's not perma-ban worthy, but consequences are definitely required in this situation.

どうぞよろしく。わたしはトビンです。おなまえは?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

The account administration was banned, not the player behind it - he is a nice guy

It should probably not have been possible to create accounts with names that can fool players to think they represent official uniwar.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion