[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khralafia 2.0 - Rules, Roles, Sign up and post game Thread!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

How to play Khralafia (aka mafia, werewolf):

(Feel free to skip down to version 2.0 rules if you've already read this from version 1.0)

Mafia or werewolf is a party game that we can play online using chat or PMs.

Immediately before the start of the game, I will randomly assign roles to every player. These identities Should remain a secret. A player may state their identity in chat or via PM to other players but they can not submit my PM in a picture as proof. Other players will have the opportunity to lie and deceive. So choose whether to state your identity or not wisely.

The game is broken into two phases. Daytime and night time. We will play these shifts out over 24 hour periods, alternating days and nights.

So day one will start on a night. Players will have 24 hours to complete night tasks. Then we will switch to daylight.

During night time: the khralean players (the mafia) submit via In game chat to me who they want to kill. This is kept secret from all other players. I will introduce the khrals to each other, and they must decide together who to kill. ALL VIA secret game chat

Next the assimilator must tell me who he wants to identity as khralean sapien or Titan. I will tell him. All via PM

Next the mecha2 must ask to run calculations on a player. I will give him the results. ALL VIA PM

Next the engineer must tell me who he wants to protect. (He may choose himself). ALL VIA PM

The vigilante may choose to kill or not VIA PM.

And all other players with special abilities will send me their details VIA PM.

And that is it for the night time phase. It is all done in secret. Only some of the results will be revealed during the daylight by the narrator (if someone dies, for instance, that will be revealed. Assimilator results are not shared publicly, however. )

Again: No pictures of PM results are to be shared with other players. This is all diplomacy and deceit

DAYLIGHT:
When day breaks I will narrate any events from overnight, as well as the lynching from the previous day. I will state who has died. If someone was saved from dying, that is included.

If you died then the game is over for you, for the moment. You may be resurrected, so don't go telling everyone your role, or trying to figure out theirs!

ALL surviving players then discuss in open chat who they want to lynch. One player is chosen per day by popular vote to be executed. The idea is to try to identify the khraleans and kill them. Only by doing so can the saps / Titans win.

Someone must initiate the vote to take place. The vote must be completed before we can move on to the next night. Players should speak to each other in chat, and when they vote it would help a great deal if you put @Voteski: and then your vote so I can not miss any votes. Each player gets one vote. Ties will be broken randomly by me. The player with the most votes dies.

---------------------------------

Version 2.0 rules:
- game related communications are to be conducted in one of three places: 1) the basement 2) Via PM 3) in game chats. please don't spill into the English Channel. I'll feel bad enough stealing the basement for the duration
- You may not under any circumstance disclose a picture or proof of an official game communication from me (the narrator) to another player.
- Use of PM between players is allowed in this version. I believe I've built enough uncertainty that we should be safe from any 1.0 coalition forming much to the dismay of many of you, in sure
- Dead players should not comment on the happenings of the game in a way that would effect any outcomes. Stating that the townsfolk should lynch player XYZ for a reason would be frowned upon. Banter with other players, without specific accusations or revealing of roles is good with me.
- Do not disclose your role after you die. When you're lynched you may state what your role was, and in a seance you may state what your role was, but again you can not submit a picture proof.. so players will have to decide if you're telling the truth. And as a dead player, please do not do anything that would interfere with me bringing you back to life. Try not to treat death as a start to your own detective show, because resurrections/reanimations/repairs may very well occur.
- Have fun! That's why we are doing this thing

Now.... without further ado:

-----------------------------

Version 2.0 roles

Name of role - description / ability of role. Numerical value indicates how many of that role in the game. (Between 1 and 5)

Primary roles:
--------------------------

Khral roles:
"The informed minority"

Khral - Garuda - may make one marauder kill. Has the mecha chat ability as well. Can not use marauder kill until the fifth night. 1

Khral - pinzer - the first time they're ID'd by an assimilator, they are shown to be an innocent. 1

Khral - infector - they can convert one sapien player into a khralean. Ability can not be used until the fourth night. 1

Khral - swarmer - may sacrifice themself instead of someone else who would be lynched. 1

Wyrm - khralean battery. 1

Khral - underling - gains special options during secret missions. May gain special abilities as a result of secret missions. 1

6 total khral

Khral victory condition:
Kill all sapiens and all Titans, having at least one khralean still alive.

-----------------------------

Titan roles:
"The secret pact"

Assimilator - can ID the race of other players. Once per game an assimilator can change a khralean into a Titan. (Max once per game even if more than one assimilator) 2

Eclipse - VIA PM can set up a Seance time for the basement chat. Can use this ability up to 2 times throughout the game. Seance blocks are up to 8 hours long. May be some restrictions on what dead players can say. 1

Mecha - same as before. Can get upgrades. 3

Speeder - is told the names of two other Titans to start the game. Speeder may sacrifice themselves to save someone being lynched. 1

Plasma - has a 50% chance of surviving a night time killing. 1

Walker - titan battery. Choose to randomly kill a sap or a khral when dying, narrator will randomly select a player from the chosen race. 1

9 total Titans

Titan victory condition:
First kill all sapiens, then kill all khraleans, be the last faction remaining.

----
Sapiens roles:
"The uninformed majority"

Engineer - protect a player. 50% chance for a player to live if protected on consecutive nights. 3

Battery - when lynched can kill another player. 2

Marine - basic innocent. May initiate secret missions. May gain abilities throughout the story. See "secret missions" below. 5

Marauder - may make two kills throughout the story at night. Max one per night. 1

Tank - if he is killed at night, he can choose to kill another player. May sacrifice themselves for another player being lynched. 1

Helicopter - can rescue a player from being lynched, one time only. May initiate secret missions. See "secret missions" below. 1

Mecha2 - can ID a role with uncertainty. Can perform an upgrade on an ID'd player once per game at narrator's discretion. Seems to be a Titan when first scanned by an assimilator. A second scan would reveal him as a sap. 2

Sapien victory condition: kill all khrals with at least one sapien still alive.

---------------------

Lovers faction:

Two players from opposing factions will be assigned as lovers in addition to their primary roles. These players gain a free survival from one night time attack each, however, if one of them dies then the other takes their life out of grief. They will
Know who their lover is.

Their win condition is to be the last two players left alive.
-----

Secondary roles:

Secret lovers - see Lovers Faction above. 2

Santa - if santa is alive on December 25th, then one player will randomly return to the game. If santa is dead, then one player from each main faction will die. Santa must say :santa every daylight. 1

Elves - they must say :santa every daylight. 4

The grinch - It is a mystery what this curious creature will do. 1

--------------------------

Public roles:
Only one of each of these publicly elected positions:

Mayor - gets 2 votes per day. Voted for on daylight one. Replaced as soon as the mayor dies. Once elected they will get two votes starting the next day.

Special ops leader - will be involved in any
Secret missions undertaken in the game (until they die. ) voted for on daylight 2. Is not replaced if they die. If they die then missions are less likely to be undertaken.

Executioner - once per game they can choose to let a player live (VIA PM ). Can not use this ability on themselves if they're lynched. Voted for on daylight 1. Replaced after they die.

Barkeep - can cancel the action of one other player. PMs the narrator the player to cancel during night time. May use this ability up to two times throughout the game, max once per night. Voted for before the game starts. Not replaced if they die.

-----------------

"Secret missions"

may be requested by marines or helicopters VIA PM to the narrator. You should include: what mission you want to undertake, what you hope the outcome will be, and how you expect to achieve that outcome. I may or may not accept your mission, and if I do accept it I will give you an idea for likelihood of success, as well as the option to include others in your plan to increase the chance of success.

Secret missions may be requested by any player, however preference would be given to a marine or helicopter requesting a mission. However, ultimate preference for missions will be determined by timing and quality of the proposed mission. If the timing is the issue, I'll let you know and we will put it on the back burner.

----------------------

If you made it this far, then khralafia is certainly for you I am planning on capping the game at 30 players. (15 saps, 9 Titans, 6 khral). Please post below or PM me in game if you would like to join!

Also, I would be very grateful if a player would sign up to help me with...

1. tallying the votes. This game I'll ask you guys to use @Voteski before your votes. But having someone double check my work would be very helpful for all. This can be someone playing the game.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Rewards:
200-600 unicoins Split evenly among the surviving winning players. (Trying to keep it around 100/player)

2x200 unicoin lottery for players who died in first 4 days and didn't come back.

1x500 coins for game MVP as voted by other players.

2x200 coins for best role players.

-----

Also, as a tie breaker instead of a coin flip I may elect to base your fate on whether you are actively posting in the basement during daylight hours / submitting votes .., think twice about trying to hide in the shadows
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Looking at two potential start dates ... December 15 or early January im good with either
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

I would love to join.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
[Avatar]
wumbodin

[Avatar]
wumbodin

Here we go again. Sign me up.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. It's first grade, dude
[Avatar]
San6g8

[Avatar]
San6g8

Do one better, cosine me up

I'm interested, sign me up.
join wang

join wang

Sign me up.
PS if marines and helicopters are the ones who initiate secret missions how would an underling be able to partake in one?
Gr8M8

Gr8M8

I think you already knew I was in, but signing in here just in case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10, 2016 23:43

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

join wang wrote:Sign me up.
PS if marines and helicopters are the ones who initiate secret missions how would an underling be able to partake in one?

Once a secret mission is initiated, I will give he person who initiated it an option of selecting people of their choice to help in the mission.

This has pros and cons:

Pros:
Increased chance of success of the mission components (most components start at around 50%).

Cons:
You might include a khral in your mission, allowing them the possibility of sabotaging it or altering it in some way
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

BTW - due to release of new units and holidays, this event is being pushed back to after the new year. I'll adjust the santa roles accordingly at a later time
TheGreenwolf

TheGreenwolf

Sounds fun, I'm game.
cheese

cheese

You had me at hello.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

toss my hat into the ring. life is still seriously crazy but I'll do what I can

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion