[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Balance issue for tournament re: number of bases captured.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Selexcis

Selexcis

Can UniWar designers fix the base counter for games where the objective is 'capture enemy bases' (especially in tournaments)

Pardon me if this has already been discussed and I have just necro-ed a thread, but it is clearly an error of counting to award 1 base captured to a side when they capture a neutral.

Neutrals should only be worth 0.5 base captures, and a proper enemy base capture worth 1.

Imagine a map with 3 neutrals.

Player 1 was khraelean, managed to get all 3 neutrals first. (so score is 3 vs 0). But player 2 managed to capture 2 neutrals back (so it becomes 3 vs 2).

After that the actual base count is in favour of player 2. (because he controls 2/3 of the original neutrals) But because of the broken counting system at present it still records 1 in favour of player 1, which is nonsense.

If the game ends because of time, even if player 2 has ONE MORE bases than player 1, player 1 still wins because of the broken counting system

Please fix.

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Selexcis wrote:Can UniWar designers fix the base counter for games where the objective is 'capture enemy bases' (especially in tournaments)

Pardon me if this has already been discussed and I have just necro-ed a thread, but it is clearly an error of counting to award 1 base captured to a side when they capture a neutral.

Neutrals should only be worth 0.5 base captures, and a proper enemy base capture worth 1.

Imagine a map with 3 neutrals.

Player 1 was khraelean, managed to get all 3 neutrals first. (so score is 3 vs 0). But player 2 managed to capture 2 neutrals back (so it becomes 3 vs 2).

After that the actual base count is in favour of player 2. (because he controls 2/3 of the original neutrals) But because of the broken counting system at present it still records 1 in favour of player 1, which is nonsense.

If the game ends because of time, even if player 2 has ONE MORE bases than player 1, player 1 still wins because of the broken counting system

Please fix.

You can't necro a thread that you posted anew. Let me tell you how base capture works. If your enemy makes 2 base attempts out of 3 of your bases, you still make income, which in turn still yours. It makes sense that P1 should win if the other can't control the bases entirely.

Before that, the game used to deny enemy income if you make a base attempt, which would actually encourage players to attack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21, 2016 05:40

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Selexcis

Selexcis

I should clarify.

I am in a game where its a 2v2 in a tournament.

we each start with 1 base that is ours, and 2 neutrals next to it.

there is one neutral in the middle of the map that we have to contest.

the base captured counter in the war report shows 4 bases captured vs 4 bases captured after we capture the nearby neutrals. (4v4)

Enemy captures the neutral in centre because they are Khraelean,

so it shows 4 bases captured vs 5 bases captures (in enemy favour)

however we captured it back, but instead of the score going to 5v4, it goes to 5v5, which is not fair for tie breakers because we are actually winning on total bases.

I am not talking about income, i am talking about score keeping in the war report. thank you.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Maybe it should be based off of number of bases owned

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Selexcis

Selexcis

I agree, objective should be, capture all enemy bases. (or control more bases than enemy when tourney time expires)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

lodeous wrote:Maybe it should be based off of number of bases owned

That's a good idea

And thank you to the OP for pointing this out
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

In the past, capturing NEUTRAL bases were NOT taken into account. We were assuming that all players should have an initial access to the same amount of bases. This counting mechanism was inaccurate and caused some issues. Now, we are counting BOTH NEUTRAL & ENEMY bases on capture equally. It is not yet the best solution as pointed above. The solution that I suggest is to make a special case for capturing ENEMY bases where we would increment it for the capturing player and decrement it for the player losing the base.

Please comment and tell us what you think.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

xavi wrote:In the past, capturing NEUTRAL bases were NOT taken into account. We were assuming that all players should have an initial access to the same amount of bases. This counting mechanism was inaccurate and caused some issues. Now, we are counting BOTH NEUTRAL & ENEMY bases on capture equally. It is not yet the best solution as pointed above. The solution that I suggest is to make a special case for capturing ENEMY bases where we would increment it for the capturing player and decrement it for the player losing the base.

Please comment and tell us what you think.

The solution is:
1) After capturing the base (neutral or enemy) you add +1 to the total number of CAPTURED BASES
2) After loosing the base (but only for an opponent not for a teammate) you subtract -1 to the total number of CAPTURED BASES

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

Kohtar

Kohtar

Why don't you simply count owned bases for each side? Also, there is a problem for kill count, especially with cities: one side can decide to sacrifice a few units to control more cities: it might be a good gamble, but with tourney rules this is a losing move. The tie breaker should be: total vaue of owned units.
s3m420

s3m420

I believe the stat should just be number of bases owned. That eliminates all the issues. Units owned is another interesting comment, but sort of a side issue to me. The base stat is fuzzy math and that bothers me.
Forum Index » New Feature Request