[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A couple of questions from a new player. Thanks
Forum Index » General Discussion
Tremblor

Tremblor

Hi, all. I am enjoying the game, frustrating as it is for someone who usually gets creamed. A couple of questions:
1) it sometimes seems.my opponent builds expensive troops faster than me. Are we on a level playing field, or are people able to "pay" somehow for more credits?
2) I don't understand why there is an undo feature. I know sometimes you can accidentally make a move, but why can I retry attacks? Does everyone use undo every turn to get best attack? Is it cheating or part of the game? Are there penalties somehow for using undo?
3) For gang up bonus, does the initial attacker still have to be alive for the second attacker to get the bonus?

Thanks for the assistance, and sorry to ask questions that are likely answered elsewhere.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

welcome newcomer, I'll gladly to answer your questions on how they work:

1. What this is that if he/she's P2, he/she will always get the credit head start. There is also another way for this, which are the new city tiles. What it does is that if there's a unit under it will give you half the income of a base (let's say base income is 100 credits, you get 50 credits for parking a unit under a city tile, the income is influenced on how much you will get per turn (the lowest is 25, the highest is 150, increments on income adjustments is by 25 (25, 50, 75, you know the drill)). An alternative to it is not so pleasant bc it involves racial imbalance. Khraleans will most likely to grab bases much faster if the map favors them more.

2. Yes, undo feature allows the previous mistake be prevented while there is a purchasable content called infinite undo, which resets the current turn you are in infinitely. The infinite undo is not a cheating device and is not punishable for use, but it does make advantage gaps (the game used to not have it, forcing everyone to make their moves count, which can be stressful).

3. The gangup bonus doesn't require the initiator to be alive, it's only a followup mechanic to help prevent defensive stalemates from happening, you can even sacrifice your initiator for space, if it's worth the kill/credit ratio of you and your opponent's (i.e. if the opponent's counterattack doesn't benefit him/her instead of yours).

hope that answers your questions

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Further to point 1. Your opponent is likely saving for those bigger units where as you are producing a few smaller units. Every credit counts.

Get infinite undo when you can. In my opinion its worth paying for our just save your unicoins for a few months.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Tremblor

Tremblor

Many thanks for the replies.
tommecc

tommecc

1) Just to be more precise, in a 1vs1 game the second player will start with a credit bonus coming from the income of the bases already owned. This is to balance the advantage of the first player move. In a team game this bonus is not present anymore. As an exemple, if player 1 start with 100 credits and the income of a base is 75 credits and there are 2 bases already owned, the second player will start with 100 + 2×75 = 250 credits.
2) The undo turn is part of the game and it is the reason that make this game very interesting. The undo will allow you to test different strategies and attack sequences, so you can choose the one that you think is the best one. You can also scout the field with the undo.
Undo turn is so important that is available to everyone for free, you need to create a second account and every time that you switch account the turns of all games of the other account will be reset. The procedure is cumbersome and looks as a glitch but it is perfectly legal and it is also described in the guide of Uniwar. When you will be tired of waste time to follow this procedure you can buy infinite undo and support the developers.
Have nice games!
Tom
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

one thing that has been left out is there is a free way to infinite undo. If you make a second account and login to it and log back into your first account it will undo your turn.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Forum Index » General Discussion