[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New units on Khraleans' perspective
Forum Index » General Discussion
join wang

join wang

Think I said this somewhere else if i did sorry Why does the salamander only have an attack range of one if I remember xavi said they will be RANGED Skirmisher
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

We have made some changes to the amphibious units prior to their release.
Salamander get air attack 2
Fuze get air attack 1 (down from 3)
Mantisse get air attack 2 (down from 4)

This will improve the salamander and also make khral air pretty effective vs the fuze and mantisse.

We will consider other changes after more experience with them.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Can you select a particular race on a "random ranked" game? If that's an option, can someone let me know how you do it? Or must you be a random race?
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

simsverd wrote:We have made some changes to the amphibious units prior to their release.

This will improve the salamander and also make khral air pretty effective vs the fuze and mantisse.

Is this why Apple hasn't approved the release? Were the amphibious units being made available in ranked games or only in unranked games (similar to the roll-out of the blaster units)?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

dr. pepper wrote:
  simsverd wrote:We have made some changes to the amphibious units prior to their release.

Is this why Apple hasn't approved the release? Were the amphibious units being made available in ranked games or only in unranked games (similar to the roll-out of the blaster units)?

Stat changes are made server side, so they occur automatically and do not require a game update. So this shouldn't be delaying apples approval.

I've been watching the Apple App Store most of the day, and I've steadily had updates for other apps I own coming across. So my guess is, they're just slow and or understaffed. Soon enough

And, yes, from what they said these units are being released direct to ranked play, unlike Blasters.

@Sims - those changes are awesome and sound really good thanks!!!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

dr. pepper wrote:Can you select a particular race on a "random ranked" game? If that's an option, can someone let me know how you do it? Or must you be a random race?

There are two ways to start a random ranked game.

The first is automatically - this is dictated by a setting at the bottom of your profile "available to random games: 1" for example.

If you changed that to zero, for instance, you would no longer be automatically matched to any random games.

The other way to start a game is to click on the Play sign and then click "start random game" - once you do that you can hit the check box that says "random race" and THEN you will have the option to select your race.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Duaneski wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:Can you select a particular race on a "random ranked" game? If that's an option, can someone let me know how you do it? Or must you be a random race?

The first is automatically - this is dictated by a setting at the bottom of your profile "available to random games: 1" for example.

If you changed that to zero, for instance, you would no longer be automatically matched to any random games.

The other way to start a game is to click on the Play sign and then click "start random game" - once you do that you can hit the check box that says "random race" and THEN you will have the option to select your race.

And so I'm assuming the ability to choose your race on the first option is not available. If it is, I've never figured it out.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

dr. pepper wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:

And so I'm assuming the ability to choose your race on the first option is not available. If it is, I've never figured it out.

That's correct. It is not available the first way.
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Maybe you can give Khraleans a new special ability to help them cope with weaker units. Allow the plague to affect Khral units in a positive way. If an infector or salamander ignite plague, all K units within range get improves stats of some sort. I think it would add more strategy to khral. Possibly make it based on time as well. The improved stats only last 2 turns or something like that.
Zardecil

Zardecil

Let plague spread around allied units too, healing them for 1 each turn.

It could only be gotten from an enemy next to you. Not from allied units.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Many interesting ideas here. And mostly I agree with you guys.

Major concern in my opinion are :

1) Kharl become weaker & weaker now like you said.
Mainly because swarmer was nerf too much and boffly too weak to be useful in the real battlefield.

2) Tank of all races are declining in their presence. And are heading down toward extinction.
Yeah the old Uniwar has a problem when both players build a wall of tanks and a few artilleries behind. Then the game is last for an eternity.
New blaster units do solve this problem. But tanks deserve some place on Earth to stand too.

3) New units create inequality in this game.

----------------------------------------------------------

So my suggestions (mostly copy from previous comments) are :

1) Increase swarmer attack against ground-light and maybe ground-heavy.

2) Definitely buff the boffly someway & somehow.
How about transforming it into Starcraft Zerg's guardian ?
Let boffly able to move then attack. With a range of 3 only, like bopper.
Increase its cost. Decrease its defense and attack strength a bit.

3) Decrease guardian and bopper attack vs ground heavy a little.
To create a fine balance which tanks have some place in the battlefield.
While they're not too strong and cause a stalemate like before.

4) Make all new units a bit less in cost-effectiveness compare to original units.
New units should be use only in some spacial situations.
While most of the time players can prosper building only an original units.
Then its possible for people to win without buying any new units.

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

StarryBlink wrote:Many interesting ideas here. And mostly I agree with you guys.

Mainly because swarmer was nerf too much and boffly too weak to be useful in the real battlefield.

2) Tank of all races are declining in their presence. And are heading down toward extinction.
Yeah the old Uniwar has a problem when both players build a wall of tanks and a few artilleries behind. Then the game is last for an eternity.
New blaster units do solve this problem. But tanks deserve some place on Earth to stand too.

4) Make all new units a bit less in cost-effectiveness compare to original units.

I have to agree with your #2 concern. The tank busters make Plasma Tanks, Tanks, and Pinzers niche units whereas Tank Busters make up a large part of my army due to versatility and cost effectiveness. Although I'm also learning this isn't as true if the tank busters don't have a forest or mountain to attack from. Without the attack bonuses, the original 'tank units' perform their role quite well.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2017 15:27

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

I'm a huge fan of Volf's plague idea. That would settle all khralean shortcomings by allowing (certain) khral units to be boosted statistically for a duration TBD. That is, IMO the coolest idea for a buff, and one that I'm sure would actually do some good. I also saw someone else's idea about having a holographic disguise unit that disguises units as different units. That could be a counter to the kral buff.

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Holographic disguise would not be very effective due to the issues of turn undo.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:
  StarryBlink wrote:Many interesting ideas here. And mostly I agree with you guys.

I have to agree with your #2 concern. The tank busters make Plasma Tanks, Tanks, and Pinzers niche units whereas Tank Busters make up a large part of my army due to versatility and cost effectiveness. Although I'm also learning this isn't as true if the tank busters don't have a forest or mountain to attack from. Without the attack bonuses, the original 'tank units' perform their role quite well.

I disagree on nerfing Blaster units, I'd want Tank units to be buffed instead, they lack speed and special powers.

We could introduce a new mechanic and I call it the Armor Protection mechanic.
It does opposite to the Armor Penetration mechanic, it decreases attack against certain units, this would give them better chances of survival. If Armor Penetration and armor protection meet in opposition, they'd be calculated by

AP - ap = total AP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2017 18:25

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » General Discussion