[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New units on Khraleans' perspective
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

cmbaptist wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:
  volf wrote:Boosting Khraleans by adding to their stats could over power them. However, by introducing a boost via the plague would make it a tactical buff which would be a great balancing effect.

I don't think that giving raw status boost to Khraleans would necessarily make it overpower. If they really are generally weaker, then a status boost (as long as well executed) would first give it an edge to fight a fair battle.

Nerfing T and S blasters also can help K (not only K, but the overall balance of the game ). These blasters aren't only too much effective against tanks, but also very good against other unit types. They can hurt aerial units a lot.

That's right, the concept is so simple and yet still solves most all problems with Khralean being underpowered. I do think a duration of how long the effects should last would be in order since all you would have to do is place an infector beside the base you plan on building with and just spam "super saiyan" kral units . Either a turn duration of how long effects last or, have a cool down period on its usage.

If you want it so badly, then the Titans must have Barrier ability as promised. The Saps are on their choice, Siege can be good if it has great range boost

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Pento

Pento

Why so complicated everything?

Make the underling cheaper. Costs of 70 to 80. Like that K can mass and gets a good benefit against T and S. Or double the regeneration. Underling in underpowered in my eyes, compared to the other basic units. I hardly never use it, to expensive for value.
Pento

Pento

I don't like the idea of barrier units. Makes the game to static.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Pento wrote:Why so complicated everything?

Make the underling cheaper. Costs of 70 to 80. Like that K can mass and gets a good benefit against T and S. Or double the regeneration. Underling in underpowered in my eyes, compared to the other basic units. I hardly never use it, to expensive for value.

we make the unit costs by the 50s, 70-80 credit option is way out of the equation. I do like Uniwar as simple enough, even tho strategy games are meant to be rather complex from the start

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Pento

Pento

Why? Garuda only costs 350 compared to 500 (Helicopter). And how you said before: Garuda always wins against Helicopter.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Michaelrn wrote:

I don't think that giving raw status boost to Khraleans would necessarily make it overpower. If they really are generally weaker, then a status boost (as long as well executed) would first give it an edge to fight a fair battle.

Nerfing T and S blasters also can help K (not only K, but the overall balance of the game ). These blasters aren't only too much effective against tanks, but also very good against other unit types. They can hurt aerial units a lot.

Agree. Let's keep it simple.

If titan & sap blaster too strong, then nerf its stat.
If swarmer & boffly too weak, just boost its stat first.

Then it will definitely help, more or less.
And we shall see whether it's work or not.
If it's not enough or it's too much, it's still very very easy to reverse .
[Avatar]
Wolfybear

[Avatar]
Wolfybear

There needs to be better ways to gauge balance, like having a large group of vetted high level players and medium level players (checking balance independently) with some incentive to really test balance in a controlled environment. Or looking at all game outcomes over a certain level and see if a race wins too much. Anyone else have ideas on that or know ways it's tested currently?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Wolfybear wrote:There needs to be better ways to gauge balance, like having a large group of vetted high level players and medium level players (checking balance independently) with some incentive to really test balance in a controlled environment. Or looking at all game outcomes over a certain level and see if a race wins too much. Anyone else have ideas on that or know ways it's tested currently?

There are a lot of balance discussions amongs selected top players and developers. But its mostly "ad_hoc" based and could be more structured and regular.
There is currently no established test-envirement so its all happening live on the production system.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:
  Wolfybear wrote:There needs to be better ways to gauge balance, like having a large group of vetted high level players and medium level players (checking balance independently) with some incentive to really test balance in a controlled environment. Or looking at all game outcomes over a certain level and see if a race wins too much. Anyone else have ideas on that or know ways it's tested currently?

There are a lot of balance discussions amongs selected top players and developers. But its mostly "ad_hoc" based and could be more structured and regular.
There is currently no established test-envirement so its all happening live on the production system.

I'd like gauging up the stats to 20 max

the highest attack stat in the game is from Destroyer's aquatic power (at 16) and the highest defense is from Plasma Tank (at 14), if we could scale Desptroyer's power to 20, this mean we'd scale up others as well, like Plasma Tank's defense (from 14 -> 17 or 18 (bc it's calculated into 17.5))

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

volf wrote:Titans getting mowed down. Alright so the accusation against the boosted khraleans is that they would mow titans down. Lets examine this. Khraleans will still be weak in the beginning. Titan now has good range units of speeders and mantisse. As well as good anti aerial units like guardian and eclipse as well as mecha on good terrain. Also guardian destroys pinzer. Giving khralean a boost around mid game will not make khral slaughter titan as titan has every advantage on most maps. Only a few small maps where borfly is effective is this not the case. I feel like boosting khralean with plague can give khral at least a fighting chance. Or at least make them a threat if allowed to swarm and build up a massive army. Making them dangerous at some point is far better than laving them extremely weak to both races.

Guardians destroy everything lol. I had no idea they do so well against aquatic too. Had a 10 guardian kill off a 6 destroyer in one shot and take 5 damage. I'll take that trade all day long.
butz

butz

Hi,
I also like the idea of lowering the cost of Underlings to 50.

Also, because the Borfly can't attack after moving, it effectively makes it the weakest/least useful Tank Buster unit of the 3, even with its low price tag. I think the easiest way to remedy this is to increase its attack range to 4, and perhaps raising the cost to 250 in doing so.

Also agree that the Guardian is WAY too powerful even with the lack of healing. It's devastating to tank and air units with its low cost.

I think the amphibian units are all OK given that they're all pretty low cost. It's just nice to have a low cost unit that can move over water AND be able to cap bases.

-butz
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

butz wrote:Hi,

Also, because the Borfly can't attack after moving, it effectively makes it the weakest/least useful Tank Buster unit of the 3, even with its low price tag. I think the easiest way to remedy this is to increase its attack range to 4, and perhaps raising the cost to 250 in doing so.

-butz

Nah, reducing Underlings to 50 means that you'll be seeing twice the unit and that's gonna be a serious problem for Titans

I'd like seeing Borfly able to act twice for 250 or just reduce its cost to 150 or 100 for more zerg rushing

Zardecil

Zardecil

LkASr wrote:
  butz wrote:Hi,

-butz

Nah, reducing Underlings to 50 means that you'll be seeing twice the unit and that's gonna be a serious problem for Titans

I'd like seeing Borfly able to act twice for 250 or just reduce its cost to 150 or 100 for more zerg rushing

Just make UV deal 2 damage to lings and effect them underground for half damage. Then it would be fine.
keymaster2

keymaster2

you have to be careful with salamders.Though they spread plague quickly
keymaster2

keymaster2

if they reduced underling they would have to reduce marine and mecha costs.Underling make up for attacking aerial with high mobility
Forum Index » General Discussion