[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Guardian/Titans....To strong?!?!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Pento

Pento

Hi everybody,
I just had some really uncomfortable games against Titans and for me it seems the Guardian got to strong, especially if you play Sapiens.

The Guardian is a really cheap artillery that works against EVERY unit.
Anyway it has already descent attack powers but together with the landscape it is far too much for the credits you spend.

In my opinion Titans got to strong now.
They have the best air defense unit. They have the strongest tank. They have the artillery with the best range. The infantry is the strongest. They have the fastest unit + backstep and on top the guardian.
The combination of everything is too much.

You can't get close to Titans anymore.

Problems for Sapiens:
The engineer can't help, can't get close/no defense. Helicopter dead after first attack; eclipse / guardian to strong. Tank to slow. Artillery to short range. Maurader to week against heavy vehicle. Bopper to vulnerable. Marine is ok.

That's my opinion, what do you think?

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I tend to agree. On some maps guardians are just devastating. If the engineer could convert them then that would help. Also removing their cap ability as they are already powerful. I like the one shot nature of them though. They should not get heal.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I actually find them struggling against boppers

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Agreed on boppers. I beat guardians with boppers plus infantry shield.
Pento

Pento

I was fighting against the combination. Speeder + guardian. No chance.
If you defend with marine speeder kills it like nothing and because of their stepback it's nearly impossible to strike back without opening defense totally.
And if you defend with tank. The guardian rocks it away. And slowly it will drain you.

But I will try again
Pento

Pento

Hi everyone
I still stick to my opinion; even guardian got a little buffed.

Whatfor should Sapiens built Helicopter? Every Titan unit can take it down.

Still: total combination of Titans is overpowered.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:Hi everyone
I still stick to my opinion; even guardian got a little buffed.

Whatfor should Sapiens built Helicopter? Every Titan unit can take it down.

Still: total combination of Titans is overpowered.

Hello.

You are wrong in that guardian got buffed last time.. they got 3 nerfs:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2879.page

That said .. we are still considering making adjustmens to the guardian. Espacially air and possibly a little more to ground heavy. But its not as OP as you think.. We have to balance the units to the highest levels of play.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Pento

Pento

Yes, my fault. Decided for the wrong word. English is not my natural language. Of courses guardian got reduced in power.

Anyway i thought you might be interested in feedback but better wait what the top 20 might say.

Still: speeder + guardian is an easy affordable overall weapon.
When have you last seen a Titan building a tank, when you get more flexibility + speed + 2nd attack for 50 bucks more?

Up to you
Bye
Kohtar

Kohtar

I did build a tank on a TvT match to control a strategic point with a healing spot. Very situational I admit. But the titan tank was already the worst tank in the game due to limited repair.
Dalryk

Dalryk

simsverd wrote:

That said .. we are still considering making adjustmens to the guardian. Espacially air and possibly a little more to ground heavy. But its not as OP as you think.. We have to balance the units to the highest levels of play.

I'm really struggling against Guardians, especially as Khrals. I think a reduction in air attack is definitely needed, because how else are the bugs supposed to beat them? They outrange everything except Worms, kill everything, and have no weakness.
tommecc

tommecc

For my point of view is the combination of ranges of the tankbuster that need to be changed:

Borfly range: 1-2-3
It is tho only unit that cannot attack after move, at list it should defend itself when it is attacked.

Bopper range: 3
This seems to be ok, it can attack after move, but cannot defend itself at short range.

Guardian range: 2
Now this unit is too overpowered, can attack after move with apower superior to other unit, higher mobility, and it can also defend itself at short range continuing to deal damage by defending itself. With a range of only 2 it will be more balanced respect to other two units. The fact that cannot repair it is not a big problem, if with this unit i can destroy a 500 credit unit, also if it will die at the next turn, it is worth the credit spent to build it.
Tom
join wang

join wang

Dalryk wrote:

I'm really struggling against Guardians, especially as Khrals. I think a reduction in air attack is definitely needed, because how else are the bugs supposed to beat them? They outrange everything except Worms, kill everything, and have no weakness.

I sorry to hear you have problem fighting titans. But I never experienced the problem I only lose if the map is unfair or I made a mistake early on. I usually attack the titans early to prevent build up. I use a blitzkrieg approach and attack early with swarmers and underlings. I also try to cap their base but if i can't i put borflys 3 tiles away from the base of course this might just be because I am lucky and end up fighting people who are not proficient with titans. Hope this helps
Forum Index » General Discussion