[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Tournament Style - Sit & Go
Forum Index » New Feature Request
LaskoGG

LaskoGG

My suggestion is based on the concept of the classic Sit & Go Tournaments people are playing in poker games. You can join these tours for different entry prizes (building up the prizepool). At the end the first couple of players win money (depends on how much players were playing).
In uniwar terms it would mean that players or maybe only admins could setup Sit & Go Tours their own (similar to "setup a custom game")

- entry to the s&g tour: eg.: 50-100-200-500-1000 uniwar coins to join
- nr of players (2-4-8-16-32)
- map selection: random from ranked maps, or select one particular map
- turn limit (12-24h)
- race selection: random or players can select
- score required: minimum, maximum required

This type of tours can give us new excitements to the game. They would be much shorter than regular tours, but can give the same fun. There can be a new leaderboard as well (ranked sit & go). I think this could be a whole new world to the uniwar community and maybe not that much developement needed.
Looking forward for your input on this!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20, 2017 12:54

En¿gma

En¿gma

I play poker! And I like your idea (even though you ignored my message. Shame on you.)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

So how does the game play work? I've not played Sit & Go poker, only knockout.

Are you essentially converting unicoins to in game credits, then allowing people to cash out whenever they want? (converting credits back to unicoins)

I'm failing badly to see how this actually works.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
LaskoGG

LaskoGG

I dont want to convert unicoins back to cash, i would rather use them to buy something else in the shop. With new units approaching players will need unicoins, and this kind of "Sit & Go" Tours would be a great way to earn some extra.

eg.:
In the Shop it would be an awesome feature if we could buy these Sit & Go Tour tickets for different levels suited for your strength or rankings.
Lets say "Rookie" -Level 1 cost 100 unicoins buy in, 16 players needed, Total prizepool: 1600unicoins - Winner takes: 800 unicoins, 2nd: 400 unicoins, 3rd: 300 unicoins, 4th: 100 unicoins.
The gameplay gonna be the same like in regular tournaments. Mirrored games, random races or selected race (host can set it up). etc.

I can imagine some really strong tournaments taking place, where only the best players can match up against each other and have some great fun

Anyway im not a programmer i dont know how complicate would be to implement a new tournament option in the game. I just hope its not that much lol

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I see. This is the same as the moose knuckle tournament. Moose organised it. Everyone pays an entry fee to moose then moose hands back the coins to the winner ... only you'd like it to be embedded with the game rather than organised via the forum. Seems reasonable but it's probably not high on the feature list.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request