[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Expiring Finished Games Rewards?
Forum Index » General Discussion
mehndeke

mehndeke

Several times now I've had 5 or 6 finished games in queue awaiting the 24 hour cool down period for collecting the win rewards, then when I go to collect, one or more will no longer show an available reward. So I figure either 1) the reward expires after an undisclosed period of time for failing to collect it (which is a really crappy move given the 24 hour restriction) or 2) losing a game somehow nullifies a win reward (which I don't think is the case because I paid close attention before surrendering games since noticing this).

So what gives? Anyone else seen this? Did a forum search or 3 and didn't see anything mentioned about rewards disappearing. Is there a time limit?
mehndeke

mehndeke

I've now seen 3 reward games lose their rewards over 3 days.
Zardecil

Zardecil

48 hours
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

You can archive games to collect the rewards later than the 48h period as well

(Granted this may not be ideal, but it's how it is set up)
mehndeke

mehndeke

Then 1) that needs to be explicitly stated somewhere. As is, it's a cheap trick to limit earned unicoins. And 2) what a crappy way to dicourage game play given the 24 hour cooldown. There's no incentive to play to win more than a game a day since 2 game wins opens the possibility of losing the reward.

Far better to reduce/eliminate the cooldown and to reduce the reward.
mehndeke

mehndeke

And archiving a game with a pending reward doesn't save it either. Just had an archived game lose the reward.

I seriously can't be the only person annoyed by the complete nondisclosure of this, or the extremely horrible effect it has given the 24 hour cooldiwn.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

mehndeke wrote:And archiving a game with a pending reward doesn't save it either. Just had an archived game lose the reward.

I seriously can't be the only person annoyed by the complete nondisclosure of this, or the extremely horrible effect it has given the 24 hour cooldiwn.

My fault. I believed that was true. Apparently doesn't work.

As far as "motivation to play and or win games .." .. hopefully because you enjoy playing the frickin game. What would've happened if you joined 4 months ago before rewards even existed? :p

There's a very small development team. This is a new feature and I guess they're still deciding exactly how it'll work. /the main focus currently is on implementing and balancing new units and the 'watch an ad to build unowned unit' feature.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Actually just thinking about what you're saying and the way it is set up.

I think it is as is because you can get rewards from unranked games.

It's ALSO possible to make two accounts... easily.

So without limits it would be insanely easy for people to dishonestly farm coins.

Now I've had upwards of 35-40 games going at once - 15-20 of those being ranked - AND I RARELY lost rewards.

So, maybe you're just somehow winning a LOT faster than I do, or your games are routinely shorter? Not sure. Either way, the more I think about it the more I think it is as is on purpose ...

(Maybe they should consider some changes to make this all clear still though. But again, I'm sure that they have priorities)
cheese

cheese

Duaneski wrote:Actually just thinking about what you're saying and the way it is set up.

I think it is as is because you can get rewards from unranked games.

So without limits it would be insanely easy for people to dishonestly farm coins.

Now I've had upwards of 35-40 games going at once - 15-20 of those being ranked - AND I RARELY lost rewards.

So, maybe you're just somehow winning a LOT faster than I do, or your games are routinely shorter? Not sure. Either way, the more I think about it the more I think it is as is on purpose ...

(Maybe they should consider some changes to make this all clear still though. But again, I'm sure that they have priorities)

Who is this?
Divideby0

Divideby0

Ahh so thats what's been happening. I wondered why my rewards were disappearing. This is really aggravating.

I agree this 48 hour cool down is ridiculous given the 24 hour cool down to collect. Perhaps a maximum queue of 3 or so?

I don't have a lot of games active, 7 at most. But games don't all last the same length of time/turns. What often happens is - usually on a weekend - several games will resolve around the same time and then I can only collect from 2 of those 5 or more games.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Divideby0 wrote:Ahh so thats what's been happening. I wondered why my rewards were disappearing. This is really aggravating.

I agree this 48 hour cool down is ridiculous given the 24 hour cool down to collect. Perhaps a maximum queue of 3 or so?

I don't have a lot of games active, 7 at most. But games don't all last the same length of time/turns. What often happens is - usually on a weekend - several games will resolve around the same time and then I can only collect from 2 of those 5 or more games.

You know, maybe a max of 30/month would be better than the 24h cooldown. I think that would make for much happier customers
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Duaneski wrote:...

Not sure that 2 accounts makes any difference as you can only transfer bought unicoins between players not earnt coins.

I also have a large number of concurrent games (23+) and i haven't noticed this loss. However i almost always have a reward pending so it's probably happening. Having said that i can't see any reason now why I'll need to purchase any more unicoins, so this loss is not worrying me. With the variety of games i play I seem to be earning about 1000 unicoins a month. This seems like crazy amounts given i will be able to buy everything in the shop by June.

On the one hand I'm happy that I'm getting all the cool stuff in the shop for just playing, on the other I'm worried that the devs will get nothing and uniwar will become financially unviable. Maybe the ads will be enough to keep it ticking over.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Wookie - with two accounts you can finish a 15 round unranked game in like, 4 minutes.

So if there was no cooldown or limit at all, you could probably farm ~500 coins an HOUR....

Like you said... the earning rate is really pretty reasonable. I do think that changing from 24h cooldown to a monthly max might appease some people...... though it might lead to people farming up to 30 who otherwise wouldn't have gotten there too.. so maybe it's fine as is and just needs better tool tips. Not sure.
[Avatar]
mengo76

[Avatar]
mengo76

It would be at least helpful if the completed game info screen showed how long you have until the reward expires. That way you can claim the reward that's closest to expiring and leave the other(s) for the next day, instead of claiming the one furthest from expiring and losing the other. (I posted this suggestion in the features forum before I saw this thread)
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

If you go to your profile and click on the achievements tab then you get exactly this info. The order in which you claim rewards is by shortest time. Also if you click the flashing green "Get Reward" button it shows you how long you need to wait before you can claim the next reward.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » General Discussion