[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Eclipse guardian cost
Forum Index » General Discussion
Tobeee

Tobeee

Most people agree on that titan's guardian is overpowered while eclipse is underpowered. Guardian is even more effective than eclipse without taking into consideration that guardian cost 50 less. So why not make them switch places making guardian 400 and eclipse 350. Maybe some twitches here and there would be necessary but in my opinion it should be fine.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

That would be a good first start although you'd have to consider what that would do to the T v K matchup. Eclipses might end up too strong vs. Garuda / Swarmer.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:That would be a good first start although you'd have to consider what that would do to the T v K matchup. Eclipses might end up too strong vs. Garuda / Swarmer.

It's pretty underpowered really. It did use to have 12 atk vs both gl and aerial, it's just aerial now, it's just on aerial now and 1 repair doesn't cut it on survivability.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Tobeee

Tobeee

dr. pepper wrote:That would be a good first start although you'd have to consider what that would do to the T v K matchup. Eclipses might end up too strong vs. Garuda / Swarmer.
Eclipse aerial to 11 should do the trick. And maybe increase guardian AP by 5% if it gets too much trouble
Tobeee

Tobeee

Eclipse aerial to 11 should do the trick. And maybe increase guardian AP by 5% if it gets too much trouble
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I do like the idea of increasing the cost of the Guardian more than nerfing its' stats. It should be powerful as Titans are the most powerful race.

I can't comment too much on the eclipse. I rarely use it as well. Speeders and mechas are good enough for dealing with swarmers/garuda.
Tobeee

Tobeee

dr. pepper wrote:
I can't comment too much on the eclipse. I rarely use it as well. Speeders and mechas are good enough for dealing with swarmers/garuda.
That's why it's cost should be reduced. Eclipse is supposed to be be big antiair but it ironically gets ECLIPSED by mechas and speeders .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08, 2017 20:45

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Tobeee wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:
That's why it's cost should be reduced. Eclipse is supposed to be be big antiair but it ironically gets ECLIPSED by mechas and speeders .

Lol, nice one. So instead of doing the 'eclipsing', it's being 'eclipsed' huh?
ninjacentaur

ninjacentaur

eclipse can teleport, and can repair. it is also quite a bit more heavily armored. I agree that it is too weak though. I always felt like it should have repair +2, because then when it gets banged up it would still be reusable later.

guardian isnt near as good as ppl are claiming it is imo. you just have to hit it once, then its useless except for gangup really.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

ninjacentaur wrote:eclipse can teleport, and can repair. it is also quite a bit more heavily armored. I agree that it is too weak though. I always felt like it should have repair +2, because then when it gets banged up it would still be reusable later.

guardian isnt near as good as ppl are claiming it is imo. you just have to hit it once, then its useless except for gangup really.

The issue with the guardian (and blasters in general) is that it's easy to use a mecha or a marine to block combined with a blaster and deal 3-4 damage on a more expensive GH unit (tank, plasma, pinzer) from range. Before blasters, you typically needed GH to deal with GH. Now you just need blasters. I rarely see Plasmas in TvT these days and I don't see Pinzers in KvT. Why build a Plasma to counter a Pinzer when you can build a cheaper, ranged unit and deal more damage while taking none in return?
Pento

Pento

I don't really see it that way.
When you build a blaster + protection you have to spend the same amount of credits as if you would in building a tank.

But you use them in a different way.

You can always counter the blasters with cheaper units, like speeder/marine.

What I noticed is that there are far less artillery stand off matches. What I personally appreciate. Before lots where building tanks to protect the future artillery. Games now got quicker and more versatile because of the blasters.

I like them and I think the costs are pretty fair (except guardian ).

So far.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Pento wrote:I don't really see it that way.
When you build a blaster + protection you have to spend the same amount of credits as if you would in building a tank.

But you use them in a different way.

You can always counter the blasters with cheaper units, like speeder/marine.

What I noticed is that there are far less artillery stand off matches. What I personally appreciate. Before lots where building tanks to protect the future artillery. Games now got quicker and more versatile because of the blasters.

I like them and I think the costs are pretty fair (except guardian ).

So far.

It's not just that you use them in a different way. It's that the combination of protection unit + blaster is a way better investment of money in a majority of situations. Don't get me wrong, I like the blasters but it's causing the tanky GH units to become obsolete.
Pento

Pento

I still use tanks. Especially in combination with maurader. Tanks break the defense and takes the first hit and the"speeder" kills the blaster/artillery.
For me it's not obsolete.
And it still deals perfect with all the small units. Difficult to damage and the opponent has to focus lots of attacks to destroy, even with a blaster in the back. That gives time and space for your other units.

Blasters are quite expensive and very limited in use (except.... ).
Boppers don't' help at all when you have to deal with air and GL.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15, 2017 23:29

Forum Index » General Discussion