[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Timeline for Balance Changes / New Units
Forum Index » General Discussion
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I was just curious what the timeline is for upcoming balance changes and new units. I'm really enjoying the game more than I have in the past!
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

the google sheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_AzE76Q4fiWxL8Ev6g6f49m-Qt4K4vKoys4EWkFKbUc/edit#gid=863076941

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

This is a historical document listing all the balance changes, which is great. I'm asking when* new balance changes and/or new units will be implemented.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

ah

well, let's just wait, I just let xavi go through his stuff, the new units and tiles are more than enough within the course of a few months

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

LkASr wrote:ah

well, let's just wait, I just let xavi go through his stuff, the new units and tiles are more than enough within the course of a few months

We're all waiting. I was just asking if there was a timeline
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

The more I think about it, it probably would be better to hold off on adding more units until the balance is corrected although I understand the developers needing to make money as well.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

dr. pepper wrote:The more I think about it, it probably would be better to hold off on adding more units until the balance is corrected although I understand the developers needing to make money as well.

TBH I think the thought is that the new units may actually fix the balance issues we currently have. Which could be true... we can imagine but really only Xavi knows what is upcoming so I try to defer to him.

Without a timeline it can be frustrating at times though.

I am good w a unit being comparatively weak as long as each race has their strengths. I am hoping the next unit or two gives khral the hammer they kinda need (or rather, the cheap brick wall they kinda need).... in the meantime just gonna tell myself.... more underling
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Duaneski wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:The more I think about it, it probably would be better to hold off on adding more units until the balance is corrected although I understand the developers needing to make money as well.

TBH I think the thought is that the new units may actually fix the balance issues we currently have. Which could be true... we can imagine but really only Xavi knows what is upcoming so I try to defer to him.

Without a timeline it can be frustrating at times though.

I am good w a unit being comparatively weak as long as each race has their strengths. I am hoping the next unit or two gives khral the hammer they kinda need (or rather, the cheap brick wall they kinda need).... in the meantime just gonna tell myself.... more underling

I guess it depends on what you mean by fixing the balance issues. Introducing new units might fix the overall balance between the race match-ups, but it wouldn't necessarily fix the 'balance' between units of the same race. If the units aren't balanced against their cost and then compared against the cost effectiveness of the other units, some units will end up being utilized a lot more than others. Right now, I think that's the issue we have with blasters and the tanky GH units. I realize there are quite a few other issues I'm probably unaware of as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14, 2017 17:24

Forum Index » General Discussion