[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Get guardian repaired...someday?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

I believe there are still a number of people holding the hope of guardian being granted ability to be repaired in the future updates. So here is another piece of suggestion of mine about a possible plan.
Guardian is indeed the strongest in terms of firepower among the three blasters so it's repair rate is somehow nerfed to 0 as a probable measure of balancing while the other two have 1 repair rate. However, being deprived of the ability to be repaired makes guardian quite a once-off unit and unable to be utilized to the fullest. So how about granting it a special rate of repair that is more than 0 but distinctly lower than the other units? My suggestion is as follows:
While the repair rate of any other unit is the base rate(1 or 2) MULTIPLYING the rate of engineers/assimilators/infectors and the medibase, maybe the repair rate of guardian can be set as the base rate of 0 ADDING the numbers of the assimilators next to him and the medibase it stands on. For example, guardian gets 1 repair rate added for each assimilator next to him and 2 for the medibase it stands on(which means a guardian can at most heal for 8 in an extreme situation). This will buff guardian, but meanwhile may cause titans to cut down the firepower to build more assimilators to repair guardians, balancing the buff in the other way, similar to saps building engineers to deal with the more occurring plague caused by salamanders.
The idea above is inspired by the discussion on repair rate by a few players in the Chinese community. To focus on the viewpoint, this suggestion is put forward regardless of balancing problems and technical possibilities. I'd be thankful for your attention and glad to hear about your points.

我相信现在仍会有人抱着这样一种希望,守护者在游戏以后的更新中能够获得修复的能力。所以在此我向各位展示一种或许可行方案的建议。
在三族的反坦克兵种当中,守护者无疑是火力最强的,所以,或许是为了实现平衡性,官方将其修复速率削至了0,而另外两族的为1。然而,被剥夺修复能力的守护者几乎变成了个一次性消费品,从而不能发挥其最大的威力。那么,可不可以适当给它一点儿修复速率?稍微有一点儿,但明显低于其他任何兵种。建议如下:
其他兵种的修复速率是由其修复速率基数(1或2)乘以工兵/同化器/毒蝎以及医疗基地的倍率得到,那么,也许守护者的修复速率可以设置为:基数为0,再加上它附近同化器和它所在的医疗基地的数值得到。比如说,守护者旁边每有一个同化器,修复速率就增加1点,它所在的医疗基地能增加2点,这样在最极端的情况下,守护者可获得最多8点的修复。这样固然会增强了守护者,但同时,神族可能会造出更多同化器来修复守护者,从而无形中削弱了自己的战斗力,于是从另一方面平衡了这个增益,类似于人族制造更多工程师来对付虫族毒螈导致的更加频繁的瘟疫。
上述想法来自于中国玩家QQ群里一些玩家关于修复速率讨论的启发。为了集中表达我的观点,上面的建议并没有过多考虑平衡性的问题和技术上的可能性。感谢你们的关注,并期待你们的回复。
[Thumb - 最终图.jpg]
 Filename 最终图.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 244 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

You can have a healing guardian when my khrals get a speeder or marauder ..

That's how I feel about it :p I wanna see saps and Titans nerfed into oblivion still :p
Pento

Pento

Guardian is not just the strongest of the blaster units, it's the strongest of all units ( value for credit).

I would like to have the Sapiens tank with a good air defense of 7 and ranged attack; to restrict it a little bit .... Only if there is an engineer on the pitch.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I'd personally love for the Guardian to have healing ability as well. In some regards, it does seem wrong that it's the only unit in the game that can't be healed.

With that said, I still think there are some issues that need to be worked out between the cost effectiveness of the blasters vs. the Tank, Plasma, and Pinzer. Right now, the blasters are much better for the money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14, 2017 16:49

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I got an idea, why not have it with repairable with .50, in turn it can't repair by itself (and with other units that have the repair rate of less than 1)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14, 2017 17:10

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:I got an idea, why not have it with repairable with .50, in turn it can't repair by itself (and with other units that have the repair rate of less than 1)

Yeah that is literally exactly what the OP is suggesting :p
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've said it before and I still think guardians are more interesting without heal.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

wookieontheweb wrote:I've said it before and I still think guardians are more interesting without heal.

Why? I'm curious to see the direction devs take on the blasters. Sounds like more nerfs are coming for the Guardian and one for the Borfly. The Borfly would be great if Khraleans could protect them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14, 2017 21:30

[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

LkASr wrote:I got an idea, why not have it with repairable with .50, in turn it can't repair by itself (and with other units that have the repair rate of less than 1)

Good point. What I am getting at is giving guardian very limited ability to be repaired, with each assimilator and medibase ADDING to its repair rate rather than MULTIPLYING, which could make the repair rate grow in a much more slow pace while there are multiple assimilators beside... Not exactly like what Duaneski said.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

dr. pepper wrote:
  wookieontheweb wrote:I've said it before and I still think guardians are more interesting without heal.

Why? I'm curious to see the direction devs take on the blasters. Sounds like more nerfs are coming for the Guardian and one for the Borfly. The Borfly would be great if Khraleans could protect them.

Because the guardian is the only unit that can't heal. That makes it special and means it is not just a variant of other units e.g. halfway between an speeder and an eclipse. It makes you more resourceful when thinking what to do with a 2 health guardian. There's no point retreating it to heal so what are you going to do with it? Cap, blocker, gangup, decoy.

I think the complaints about the guardian being too powerful are still true though and I'd like to see it be far more vulnerable to GL or more exactly be able to damage GL far less. Its a tank buster so should be easily taken down by ground units.

Maybe the guardian's health should ONLY be shown to its owner. That would give the ability to run away and then re-appear with friends and be a useful decoy.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

wookieontheweb wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:

Because the guardian is the only unit that can't heal. That makes it special and means it is not just a variant of other units e.g. halfway between an speeder and an eclipse. It makes you more resourceful when thinking what to do with a 2 health guardian. There's no point retreating it to heal so what are you going to do with it? Cap, blocker, gangup, decoy.

I think the complaints about the guardian being too powerful are still true though and I'd like to see it be far more vulnerable to GL or more exactly be able to damage GL far less. Its a tank buster so should be easily taken down by ground units.

Maybe the guardian's health should ONLY be shown to its owner. That would give the ability to run away and then re-appear with friends and be a useful decoy.

Hiding guardian's health point from enemy is a creative idea, but doesn't make much difference while one can still use undo to detect which one is real and which one is decoy. Nothing much different from revealing FoW with undo.
join wang

join wang

Duaneski wrote:You can have a healing guardian when my khrals get a speeder or marauder ..

I would love to see something like this
Forum Index » General Discussion