[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Basement chat isn't anything goes?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

The moderator "Hakumen" just banned me from chat for 12 hours for statements made in BASEMENT chat in response to others. His claim is that I was insulting others, which is ironic because my statements were in RESPONSE to insults. So if I'm banned for 12 hours, then the others who were doing the EXACT same thing should be banned for 12 hours as well.

Seriously, I was under the impression that anything goes in basement. The "insults" made were laughably tame in comparison to those against me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19, 2017 07:16

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

The main reason I ask is this is restricting my ability to chat in team games, which seems a little over the top. Especially since I'm in the Grand War...
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

I'm also apparently unable to send PMs to anyone, to even ask for clarification.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello.

We dont discuss bans publically, not in the game chat or here.

But you can send me a PM with the info if you think that there have been a ban that was not in line with the terms of service.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

simsverd wrote:Hello.

But you can send me a PM with the info if you think that there have been a ban that was not in line with the terms of service.

I was unable to send in-game PMs while banned. Do forum PMs work? I sent one to Hakumen here in forums since I couldn't in game, but I'm not sure how many check forum inbox.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Maneetoe wrote:
  simsverd wrote:Hello.

I was unable to send in-game PMs while banned. Do forum PMs work? I sent one to Hakumen here in forums since I couldn't in game, but I'm not sure how many check forum inbox.

yes, forum PMs work
what happened is that they insult you, you attempt on revenge, then they report you.

Never forget the report button, do that before they do it to you. That's how trolls can get away. A counter to it is simply starve them of attention, that way they're just talking to the air. A troll's worthless without getting bad attention from people.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

Manee,

If you have any questions about the war you can pm me on here or in our other chat at least. The forum post for the war covers all of it, but i know some questions can come up anyways.
Forum Index » General Discussion