[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Map Editor improvements
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
WormDog

[Avatar]
WormDog

I am trying to work with the Map Editor, and the fact that you can only work on one map at a time is fairly limiting.

So my recommendation is to break the Map Editor into a separate app. This way it can grow and get as big as it needs to without growing the main app at all.

The current MAP EDITOR function in the Uniwar APP would simply list all the maps you have developed in the Uniwar Map Editor APP. It could be very simple and light weight.

This could also serve as an additional income stream. For example, the default ability of being able to work on just one map at a time could be the free behavior.

For some UNICOINS you could work on multiple maps at a time.

And perhaps eventually other purchasable options could be added that would be nice to have but just bloat the main app. For example, like a combat analysis tool similar to the Uniwar Damage Calculator APP.

--WormDog

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28, 2017 14:45

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i dont think there are much revenue to make from map making... but i agree that we could have many improvements on the editor:
- save multiple dratfs
- playtest multiplayermaps (not only 1:1 vs the bot). Perhaps also hotseat-mode (players takes all turns for all players)
- new mission-type: campaign creation : multiple maps in a series

More ideas on maps:
- Map voting: players can also comment on a map to help the map creator making them better
- Map browser: dropdown-meny for selection of 2-3-4-6-8-own-favourites - so you find maps with fewer clicks
- Map browser: when using text search: all sizes and types of maps are searched
- New ladder: map makers
- Earn unicoin : when you have maps staying rated for a period (for example a month)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:i dont think there are much revenue to make from map making... but i agree that we could have many improvements on the editor:
- save multiple dratfs
- playtest multiplayermaps (not only 1:1 vs the bot). Perhaps also hotseat-mode (players takes all turns for all players)
- new mission-type: campaign creation : multiple maps in a series

More ideas on maps:
- Map voting: players can also comment on a map to help the map creator making them better
- Map browser: dropdown-meny for selection of 2-3-4-6-8-own-favourites - so you find maps with fewer clicks
- Map browser: when using text search: all sizes and types of maps are searched
- New ladder: map makers
- Earn unicoin : when you have maps staying rated for a period (for example a month)

Add on 5 & 7 player map modes and asymmetrical fights as well

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Sort of related. Is there currently 2v2v2 on 6 player maps? I know there is 3v3 and 3 & 6 player FFA, just not sure of the 2v2v2. If not that would make for some interesting fights.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Yessss some excellent ideas.

2v2v2 (v2) is a dream for me!!

- Map browser: when using text search: all sizes and types of maps are searched <--- yes!!!!!

Since we are throwing out our hopes and dreams....
More things for "campaigns".... how about ability to create a unit with a maximum "level" of 20.... and then "experience" items you can place on tiles that when you move onto them you get X experience. Them bwam. You can create RPG style maps or have main characters in your campaigns. I dunno. That's definitely not gonna be a priority. But I want it )
[Avatar]
WormDog

[Avatar]
WormDog

One more feature to throw in there that I find very annoying not to have:
The ability to shift the entire map down gaining fresh hexes on top.
Without this I have to do it manually. Very exhausting.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

WormDog wrote:One more feature to throw in there that I find very annoying not to have:
The ability to shift the entire map down gaining fresh hexes on top.
Without this I have to do it manually. Very exhausting.

This bugged me so much I started to write my own map editor! Haven't got too far yet though.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

I like Sims suggestions! Also, I've asked for the split teams option as well.. 2v2v2 or 3v3 or 2v2 2v2 sounds way awesome! I feel like it should definitely be included with the campaign map linking option if it comes.. I can come up with all SORTS of things to do with that..
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

uw-sandman wrote:I like Sims suggestions! Also, I've asked for the split teams option as well.. 2v2v2 or 3v3 or 2v2 2v2 sounds way awesome! I feel like it should definitely be included with the campaign map linking option if it comes.. I can come up with all SORTS of things to do with that..

think 2-2-2 or 2-2-2-2 would be cool, but probably a lot of work... so i dont think that will happen any time soon...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request