[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
upcoming balance changes April
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Thx for input. We will wait a little with changes to tanks. We still want to increase the usability without changing to much on the blasters - but its not critical so we can wait and discuss it more.

We will do the -2 amphibious to speeder in some days

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

no problem sims, you guys may take your time, such balance may be complicated after all

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I'm interested to see how the Salamander change impacts KvT. I was tired of Mecha + Speeder running over all Khraleans units. Maybe the Salamander will now provide the much needed buffer to protect Swarmers and Borflys.

I also agree with the majority of posters here that buffing tanks defense strength is not the way to go as it's already difficult enough to do damage to tanks unless you're using another tank, aquatic, or long range artillery unit.

I also think that one poster was wise to point out that AP negates the Plasma's Tank defense strength. As it stands now, I think most are in agreement that the PT is slightly underpowered compared to the other tanks.

I'm still not sure why raising the price of blasters has not been given any consideration. By raising their cost relative to all other units, the other units will become more attractive by comparison while they still retain their ability to do damage to GH.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05, 2017 19:03

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Was there any consideration given to how this will impact Mantisse vs. Speeders? Mantisse already trade decently well with terrain bonuses and obviously at 2 range. Seems this change could maybe cause Mantisse to be overpowered vs. Speeders.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:I'm interested to see how the Salamander change impacts KvT. I was tired of Mecha + Speeder running over all Khraleans units. Maybe the Salamander will now provide the much needed buffer to protect Swarmers and Borflys.

I also agree with the majority of posters here that buffing tanks defense strength is not the way to go as it's already difficult enough to do damage to tanks unless you're using another tank, aquatic, or long range artillery unit.

I also think that one poster was wise to point out that AP negates the Plasma's Tank defense strength. As it stands now, I think most are in agreement that the PT is slightly underpowered compared to the other tanks.

I'm still not sure why raising the price of blasters has not been given any consideration. By raising their cost relative to all other units, the other units will become more attractive by comparison while they still retain their ability to do damage to GH.

We could buff tank units' repair rate to 3/3/2, that way they need to be killed faster than before without buffing def

Alternatively, I'd like them to be immune against EMP, Plague, and UV, to make them indirectly stronger

that's what I want for them for now

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

dr. pepper wrote:Was there any consideration given to how this will impact Mantisse vs. Speeders? Mantisse already trade decently well with terrain bonuses and obviously at 2 range. Seems this change could maybe cause Mantisse to be overpowered vs. Speeders.

Looks like the Salamander change is going in. I know it was intended for TvK but will also impact TvS and TvT. I suspect Mantisse might become more popular vs Speeders now. Maybe I'll be able to build a useless Fuze now too, lol.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:Was there any consideration given to how this will impact Mantisse vs. Speeders? Mantisse already trade decently well with terrain bonuses and obviously at 2 range. Seems this change could maybe cause Mantisse to be overpowered vs. Speeders.

Looks like the Salamander change is going in. I know it was intended for TvK but will also impact TvS and TvT. I suspect Mantisse might become more popular vs Speeders now. Maybe I'll be able to build a useless Fuze now too, lol.

When that time someone used Mantisse as a new Speeder when I got my Marauders ready to wreck house

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

LkASr wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:

When that time someone used Mantisse as a new Speeder when I got my Marauders ready to wreck house

Please don't mistakenly believe I think Mantisse will dominate now. They'll still be taken down quite easily by ground light in range among many other units. I'm just curious about how the change will impact Mantisse vs. Speeder. A ground heavy unit "should" win vs an Amphibian in most cases. With this new change, I can see the Mantisse trading quite well. Interestingly enough, both units cost the same.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:Please don't mistakenly believe I think Mantisse will dominate now. They'll still be taken down quite easily by ground light in range among many other units. I'm just curious about how the change will impact Mantisse vs. Speeder. A ground heavy unit "should" win vs an Amphibian in most cases. With this new change, I can see the Mantisse trading quite well. Interestingly enough, both units cost the same.

That's what someone else did

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

LkASr wrote:
  dr. pepper wrote:Please don't mistakenly believe I think Mantisse will dominate now. They'll still be taken down quite easily by ground light in range among many other units. I'm just curious about how the change will impact Mantisse vs. Speeder. A ground heavy unit "should" win vs an Amphibian in most cases. With this new change, I can see the Mantisse trading quite well. Interestingly enough, both units cost the same.

That's what someone else did

If you're referring to me, I'll laugh at your joke (ha!) and then respond by saying that you're exaggerating based on what I've said. I asked a question if this unit match-up (Mantisse vs. Speeder) was considered as well. Considering my personal opinion that Fuzes suck by comparison, I'm not as concerned about Fuze vs. Speeder. I haven't seen anyone address this question or provide any feedback.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

dr. pepper wrote:If you're referring to me, I'll laugh at your joke (ha!) and then respond by saying that you're exaggerating based on what I've said. I asked a question if this unit match-up (Mantisse vs. Speeder) was considered as well. Considering my personal opinion that Fuzes suck by comparison, I'm not as concerned about Fuze vs. Speeder. I haven't seen anyone address this question or provide any feedback.

I never referred to you, silly

Pento

Pento

There won't be any changes to the guardian?
Come on guys, there should be at least one basic unit that can handle it easily, like with all the other units.

Every unit has a counter part, except the guardian.
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

Pento wrote:There won't be any changes to the guardian?
Come on guys, there should be at least one basic unit that can handle it easily, like with all the other units.

Every unit has a counter part, except the guardian.

ANYTHING that has a lower price or a longer range than it is its counter, believe it or not. Shorter range, higher price and inability to repair make guardian a unit that you need to consider extremely carefully before you build one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17, 2017 08:58

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

While I agree that you can deal with the guardian with cheaper units, guardians are still a bit strong when compared to tanks.

I don't typically build guardians unless my opponent is going tanks. A single guardian shot on a tank deals 4-6 damage without taking return fire.

I don't think they're badly overpowered anymore, but they're still more cost efficient than tanks.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 17, 2017 23:42

Pento

Pento

killermax636 wrote:
ANYTHING that has a lower price or a longer range than it is its counter, believe it or not. Shorter range, higher price and inability to repair make guardian a unit that you need to consider extremely carefully before you build one.

Advantages guardian:

Guardian can attack ALL Sapien units (except fuze) without receiving counter damage.
Within the average damage it causes normal terrain/mountain in order of cheap to expensive sapien unit with FIRST attack

Marine: 6/7
Engineer: 9/10
Fuze:8/9
Marauder:6/7
Bopper 9/10
Tank 4/5
Heli 4/5
Battery: 7/8

This unit is meant to be a TANK buster, but actually it can kill everything easily. With two guardians you can kill EVERY sapien unit in one round without receiving any counter damage. I don't see why you have to consider extremely to get it.
"High" price?!
It's fast!! cheap!! ( I prefer 3 guardians instead of two helis) and deals with everything.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 19, 2017 06:29

Forum Index » General Discussion