[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khraleans - Under Powered or Under Played?
Forum Index » Khraleans
T777

T777

There are only six Khraleans in the top 50 on the ladder. I was wondering if they aren't played as much as the Titans or Sapiens or are they under powered? I guess what we need is some usage statistics.

And yes, I know the top player is a Khralean, but 6 of 50 is way under represented IMO.

Just realized, this really doesn't belong in the strategy section. I tried to move or delete it, but could not. Admin, please move this when you get a chance. Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18, 2009 08:18

They're not particularly underpowered. A good Khralean player can rip Titans to shreds on most maps. The real problem is that Sapiens are overpowered, as they have a definite advantage over both Titans (as they have much more mobility and the ability to spam EMP) and Khraleans (as marines and marauders can do substantial damage to Khralean aerial units, while underlings and pinzers can't touch a helicopter). From my experience the toughest match in this game is Sapien vs. Sapien.

All that said the Khralean is just the most fun to play. There's nothing like a successful swarm attack or pulling off a buried unit attack that takes down a few walkers. It's one race where I don't mind if I lose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18, 2009 14:34

Hachiman

Hachiman

I think they're probably ok. I play them mostly.

I win mostly vs Titans, who often arent good enough at protecting their expensive walkers vs buried underlings.

I probably lose a little more than I win vs Saps, but it may be a skill thing. Saps are easier to use, but Khrals have some good options. For example well protected Wryms murder Heli's.

I'm not good enough to say for sure, but they aren't way off. I think they just require more skill to use to best effect. Which is just fine by me, as I wont get bored so quick.
T777

T777

Thanks for the very informative replies guys. When I play a strategy game, I hate to play the most played side. That's why I've been playing the Khraleans. I agree, they are fun to play and seem to have a variety of strategies. They have some stealth, a decent air force, decent armor and great healing.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Could you please specify some specific maps where you think that Khraleans beat Titans?
Anonymous

Anonymous
IMHO that would be almost all of them.
lion37

lion37

How about Peninsula, the bog, Rubicon Crossing, and Thermopylae? I would be interested in playing Titans vs a Khral opponent on any of these maps. Just invite me, but only if you are rated 1750+.
Hachiman

Hachiman

lion37 wrote: How about Peninsula, the bog, Rubicon Crossing, and Thermopylae? I would be interested in playing Titans vs a Khral opponent on any of these maps. Just invite me, but only if you are rated 1750+.

I'm only at 1650 odd, but I'll see if I can stop playing around and experimenting, and get to 1750 in the next few days. Then you're on.
keymaster2

keymaster2

i remember when i played as sapiens, i always used to lose but since i started playing as khraleans i won lots of points.I think people choose other races because of their units abilities.E.g people would use titans for long range and high attack against aerial.They might use sapiens for marauders and helicopters.I choose khrals for infector/high healing,garudas,wyrms and underlings high mobility and also cheaper units.The other 44/50 top players probably prefer the other units,it doesn't mean they're a bad race,it just means they prefer playing as sapiens and titans.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Spaiens>khralens>titans. map type can alter this.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » Khraleans