[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khralafia 2.0 signup sheet
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Khralafia 2.0 will start 4/28/17.

If you are interested please post here or PM me in game.

FAQ:
1) TF is khralafia?
It is the Uniwar version of the party game "mafia" aka "werewolf"

2) what do I have to do to play?
While you are active in the game (read: not dead) you must:
- provide communications to game coordinator related to your in game actions
- participate in basement discussions as much as you're able (I will involve luck to some degree - benefitting those I see actively participating somewhat ... I understand life and whatnot. So not everyone can write theories and rile up the masses.... but at the same time. It is a big part of the game. So if you're active, luck may be on your side)

Players are split amongst 2 (maybe 3 this time) factions, and must expose the hidden evil khrals who hope to kill everyone else.

I will coordinate with all players to get their actions, and the results are narrated in story form. Somewhere on here is the last khralafia :p.

I will review the rules and roles and make an official khralafia 2 thread at a later time. But for now, please feel free to sign up.

MAXIMUM of 30 participants.

Thank you. Much love.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

If you have gotta miss a few days we will make it work... on a case by case basis. I'll figure it out. If it's gonna be more than 3-4 consecutive days, then probably can't make it work though honestly
cheese

cheese

Cheese is in!
cheese

cheese

I vote Shinzon to be hanged. Oh wait, he did that to himself
Gr8M8

Gr8M8

Me in.

So, just to give two nice role suggestion I would like to see in:

1. Infector

Khralean sided and shares the meeting with any of the other members.
During night, can choose to commit suicide.
If committed suicide, he picks a non-Khralean player to sneakily convert into an Underling (or whatever you call the lowest ranked mafia member).
That person is notified of his new teammates, and will be able to pick who to kill the following nights just like all the other members.

2. Idk, call it whatever you want, I'l call it Rory

Rory isn't sided with anyone, he works alone. Every night he can choose to kill or not to kill. This is where the fun comes:
To kill, Rory must pick a person and GUESS it's role.
If Rory was correct, that person dies and Rory is immune for 1 day. Immune means he can't be killed by Khraleans the same night he kills AND can't be lynched on that day.
If Rory fails, his role will be revealed during the narration, which pretty much he's going to get lynched. Yup.
Rory kills bypass every protection, and if wins if in the last 2 survivors of the game. Rory and mafia can joint to both win.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19, 2017 23:21

[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Put me in this time. Seems like y'all had a blast last time.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Zardecil

Zardecil

Im in
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Gr8m8... I love those. I may make some tweaks. But those ideas will be involved 100%!! thank you!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Version 2.0 rules:
- game related communications are to be conducted in one of three places: 1) the basement 2) Via PM (unlimited TO GAME COORDINATOR. Otherwise, only with GC approval.) 3) in game chats (for khral players only. Otherwise you must have GC approval to set up a game chat. GC must be included in all game chats.) please don't spill into the English Channel. I'll feel bad enough stealing the basement for the duration.
- You may not under any circumstance disclose a picture or proof of an official game communication from me (the narrator) to another player.
- Dead players should not comment on the happenings of the game in a way that would effect any outcomes. Stating that the townsfolk should lynch player XYZ for a reason would be frowned upon. Banter with other players, without specific accusations or revealing of roles is good with me, even encouraged.
- Do not disclose your role after you die. When you're lynched you may state what your role was, and in a seance you may state what your role was, but again you can not submit a picture proof.. so players will have to decide if you're telling the truth. And as a dead player, please do not do anything that would interfere with me bringing you back to life. Try not to treat death as a start to your own detective show, because resurrections/reanimations/repairs may very well occur.
- Have fun! That's why we are doing this thing

Now.... without further ado:

-----------------------------

Version 2.0 roles

Name of role - description / ability of role. Numerical value indicates how many of that role in the game. (Between 1 and 5)

Primary roles:
--------------------------

Khral roles:
"The informed minority"

Khral - pinzer - the first time they're ID'd by an assimilator, they are shown to be an innocent. 1

Khral - infector - they can convert one sapien player into a khralean. They will have a 50% chance of dying in the process. (Random roll. Affected by karma!) Ability can not be used until the fourth night (and again. May only be used once. Can not be used on a Titan. If player to be converted is titan, a special event will be generated. If the Infector survives this event, he may try to infect again.). 1

Khral - swarmer - may sacrifice themself instead of someone else who would be lynched. 1

Wyrm - khralean battery. 1

Khral - underling - gains special options during secret missions. May gain special abilities as a result of secret missions. 1

6 total khral

Khral victory condition:
Kill all sapiens and all Titans, having at least one khralean still alive at the end of the game.

-----------------------------

Titan roles:
"The hopeless rebellion"

Assimilator - can ID the race of other players. 1

Eclipse - VIA PM to the GC can set up a Seance time for the basement chat. Can use this ability up to 2 times throughout the game. Seance blocks are up to 8 hours long. Some restrictions on what dead players can say. 1

Mecha - must use a specific phrase within the basement chat every day. This phrase is determined at the start of the game by the GC and does not change. Failure to not use the phrase will lower the mechas karma. Repeated failure to use phrase will put the player at risk for random murder by the game coordinator. Can get upgrades. 3

Plasma - has a 50% chance of surviving a night time killing. 1

Titan victory condition:
If at any time Titans outnumber all other players, then the Titans win. (If the final two players are one Titan and one khralean, Titans win if they've got an assimilator left. Otherwise khral win.

If the final two players are Titan and sap, then it will be role, luck, and karma dependent. The winner will be chosen based upon a random number / dice roll. The formula used will be presented after the end game scenario. )

----
Sapiens roles:
"The uninformed majority"

Engineer - protect a player. Only 50% chance for a player to live if protected on consecutive nights. 3

Battery - when lynched can kill another specific player. 2

Marine - basic innocent. May initiate secret missions. May gain abilities throughout the story. See "secret missions" below. 5

Marauder - may make two kills throughout the story at night. Max one per night. (Can not kill until at least third night. Can not kill two nights in a row.) 1

Tank - if he is killed at night, he can choose to kill another specific player. May sacrifice themselves for another player being lynched. 1

Helicopter - can rescue a player from being lynched, one time only. May initiate secret missions. See "secret missions" below. 1

Mecha2 - can ID a role with uncertainty. Can perform an upgrade on an ID'd player once per game at GC discretion. Seems to be a Titan when first scanned by an assimilator. A second scan would reveal him as a sap. 2

Sapien victory condition: kill all khrals with at least one sapien still alive - (and of course outnumber the Titans when the last khralean is killed).

---------------------

Lovers faction:

Two players from opposing factions will be assigned as lovers in addition to their primary roles. These players gain a free survival from one night time attack, however, if one of them dies then the other takes their life out of grief. They will
Know who their lover is.

Their win condition is to be the last two players left alive. If they win, they alone win and not their factions.
-----

Secondary roles:

Secret lovers - see Lovers Faction above. 2

Drunk - game related communications should include frequent misspellings, hiccups, and references to liquors or drinks. Failure to comply will lower karma. Excellent compliance will raise karma. 1

Bopper - they have a chance of exploding if they do not cast a vote for lynching (10%.. increases by 10% each time no vote is cast). 4

Lawyers - must accuse someone of being a khral every day. (Karma affected if not compliant of course ) 2

--------------------------

Public roles:
Only one of each of these publicly elected positions:

Mayor - gets 2 votes per day. Voted for on daylight one. Replaced as soon as the mayor dies. Once elected they will get two votes starting the next day.

Executioner - once per game they can choose to let a player live (VIA PM ). Can not use this ability on themselves if they're lynched. Voted for on daylight 1. Not Replaced after they die.

-----------------

"Secret missions"

may be requested by marines or helicopters VIA PM to the narrator. You should include: what mission you want to undertake, what you hope the outcome will be, and how you expect to achieve that outcome. I may or may not accept your mission, and if I do accept it I will give you an idea for likelihood of success, as well as the option to include others in your plan to increase the chance of success.

Secret missions may be requested by any player, however preference would be given to a marine or helicopter requesting a mission. However, ultimate preference for missions will be determined by timing and quality of the proposed mission. If the timing is the issue, I'll let you know and we will put it on the back burner.

"Karma" - not the stripper. It is an active hidden measure I'll have for each player. All new players will start at zero. All returning players will start at 1. Activity and role playing will increase this stat. Lack of activity and not following rules will decrease this stat. I'll use it - and primarily standard deviations from the games mean karma, to determine just how likely someone is to get boned or be fortunate. So play along, and play nicely, or I'll get ya

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21, 2017 02:52

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Any changes? Is it too many roles? If so, which would you delete?
LexTalionis

LexTalionis

holy complex Batman.

I'm in.
cheese

cheese

Bad karma can get you boned? That's not always a bad thing!
[Avatar]
San6g8

[Avatar]
San6g8

count me in!
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

IN
[Avatar]
Shadowstrike1

[Avatar]
Shadowstrike1

Hi.

Quick question, what are communications by?

What is "The Basement?"

Thanks.

P.S. It sound interesting.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26, 2017 01:39

This is Shadowstrike1, hater of Salamanders everywhere,
signing off.
Forum Index » General Discussion