[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Tank Buster Unit Assessment Request
Forum Index » General Discussion
trineroks

trineroks

Tankbusters down the line really need their vs. Ground Light and vs. Aerial nerfed heavily (looking at you, Guardian). Then give Guardian a +1 repair rate and it'll still be one of the better tankbusters with solid counterplay.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Cpt Hawaiian wrote:Main problem with borfly is that all split base map types (where bases are somewhat scattered and there are multiple fronts), titan stand no chance against krhal and it is only a matter of time to be defeated. Borflys are ridiculously cheap and on top of that aerial and can get middle positioning no matter what the terrain, so they can be massed and then they can seige titan bases with no repercussion so titans can't even spawn effective counters. I think the value of all units needs to be considered for the cost. For example, aerial capability is a huge advantage in and of itself. And then ranged attack is HUGE. Giving damage before being able to receive damage is exactly how to overpower your opponent and get their number of fielded units down to less than yours. Borflys are way overpowered for their cheap cost. It would be nice if they were nerfed so that the Khral theme of weak units but overwhelming numbers can work better.

borfly and salamander are overpowered compared to their titan and sapien counterparts, but i beleive the marauder and speeder are overpowered compared to the swarmer. consider the entire race matchup not just one unit. if your opponent amasses weak defense borfly, what are you doing while he does that? sitting back and watching? you must be agressive. khral used to be the worst race and every top player still beleives that on average sapiens are the best race, in my opinion due to the marauder. i think the marauder is far more overpowere than the borfly, and think they both need a nerf along with speeder

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

The Impaler wrote:borfly and salamander are overpowered compared to their titan and sapien counterparts, but i beleive the marauder and speeder are overpowered compared to the swarmer. consider the entire race matchup not just one unit. if your opponent amasses weak defense borfly, what are you doing while he does that? sitting back and watching? you must be agressive. khral used to be the worst race and every top player still beleives that on average sapiens are the best race, in my opinion due to the marauder. i think the marauder is far more overpowere than the borfly, and think they both need a nerf along with speeder

I have considered the overall picture and still feel the same way. Of course nobody builds only borflys, they would be decimated. But you only need to build a few units in front to block, and then after that just one measly 200 unit that can fly and hit at range effectively negates any heavy unit that is twice its cost and far more lumbering. I like the ideas of tankbusters so that nobody just walls all day, but the borfly is still far too effective and cheap that it essentially makes heavies literally obsolete, which is too far in my opinion. In addition, the tankbusters effectively bust up other units safe from range like light units and air units so they kind of become too useful all the time for their cheap price. Just a slight nerf to heavy damage, and a nerf to ground light damage, and I think borfly is perfect at 200 credits. (That way two of them are more of a heavy counter than just one, which makes more sense with the cost being 400 credits at that point. Still cheaper than the cost of a tank.)

And yes, sapiens are by far the best, definitely because of the maurader. Once you get enough, you can setup gangups, advance retreat and heal, and block expensive units in the rear. I actually think the solution to this is to make tank units increase damage against speeders and marauders. So they are a real counter to them. As of now, tankbusting makes tanks 95% useless and very situational.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06, 2017 00:30

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Pento

Pento

Borfly is too strong. Especially it's effective against all kind of units. It should be weaker against light and air.

For Sapiens it is already kind of silly to build tanks vs Khral because tanks can't respond to Swammer/ Garuda attacks. But Swammer together with Borfly plus salamander.....
All three are cheap units and easily take Sapiens apart.

Forum Index » General Discussion