[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Idea to change tournaments from intolerable to fun
Forum Index » General Discussion
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

Randomize by round or game if the tiebreaker will be decided by the game with the least rounds or the game with the most. If no one knows which game they need to stall, they will play at a normal pace
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I'd prefer a quickdraw tournament, 3 mins for each sides, that way no stalling

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Clear problem:

Has the unintended effect of making it so that some of the time when you (vastly) outplay your opponent and win in substantially fewer rounds, you end up losing because of dumb luck.

I have no solution... I just don't like the idea that I'll get to move on or get handed a loss based on luck.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

curmudgeon wrote:Randomize by round or game if the tiebreaker will be decided by the game with the least rounds or the game with the most. If no one knows which game they need to stall, they will play at a normal pace

I have already changed the 1:1 tourneys (except the beginners), so that it is possible to prolong the rounds if games are unfinished.
I will probably do the same with all the teamtourneys also.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion