[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New category of tournament
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Incarceron

[Avatar]
Incarceron

Each championship I got as opposent à player which have, at minimum, 300 points more than me and I was rapidly eliminated ... It's going to ne boring.
Si I propose to make more category of tournaments based on the score. Like tournaments for less than 1700 points. For example a tournament for player who have a score between 1700 and 2000, and greather than 2000. What do you think about that ?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I have a different one: A quickdraw tournament

Basically a 3min tournament, using the lowest time limit, the fastest actions. Players rest for 5/10 days before entering the next round

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Incarceron wrote:Each championship I got as opposent à player which have, at minimum, 300 points more than me and I was rapidly eliminated ... It's going to ne boring.
Si I propose to make more category of tournaments based on the score. Like tournaments for less than 1700 points. For example a tournament for player who have a score between 1700 and 2000, and greather than 2000. What do you think about that ?

It's a very good idea. It has been proposed before. I think it's on 'the list' of features to at some point be implemented

But yeah you're absolutely right that tiered tourneys would be good
The Impaler

The Impaler

as one of the top 50 ranked players i understand the issue... but honestly this is how the real world works for tournaments. top seed plays bottom seed. best plays worst. If we do it any other way, we will have situations where 6 of the top 10 are eliminated before round 5... and thats not how tournaments are supposed to work.

you want kikoho, soli, vogon and gout in the semis, not having them all meet round 1. then youll end with 2700 vs 2200 grand finals... and thats just silly.

tournaments consistenly have the max 1024 players... so i dont think theres enough support for a change.

i think the tiered tournamnts would be cool, but i also think 10 round tournaments are awesome. and lots of players would then be complaining saying they want an opportunity to play the top players in tournament (its how i learned, so i wouldve been a complainer too). theres no pleasing everyone here, and thats competition at its core.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I think it would be nice to have a handicap tournament. As a simple start I'd say the handicap would be the difference in our ratings converted to credits at the start of the game.

I suspect that is too simple and would have no effect on larger maps and way too much on small maps especially with low credits, but I'm sure a function taking into account such things can be created.

It would mean low ranked players could have meaningful games with much better players and maybe learn something, while top players will be able to mingle with us mere mortals without getting bored.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Kohtar

Kohtar

A possibility to solve this would be swiss-style tourmaments, like the one run with top players right now. This way everyone plays the same number of rounds.
[Avatar]
Incarceron

[Avatar]
Incarceron

Today I play against a 2600 player and I have 1860 point ! That's unfair . M'y sugestion was post to correct this type of sittuation
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

The Impaler wrote:as one of the top 50 ranked players i understand the issue... but honestly this is how the real world works for tournaments. top seed plays bottom seed. best plays worst. If we do it any other way, we will have situations where 6 of the top 10 are eliminated before round 5... and thats not how tournaments are supposed to work.

you want kikoho, soli, vogon and gout in the semis, not having them all meet round 1. then youll end with 2700 vs 2200 grand finals... and thats just silly.

tournaments consistenly have the max 1024 players... so i dont think theres enough support for a change.

i think the tiered tournamnts would be cool, but i also think 10 round tournaments are awesome. and lots of players would then be complaining saying they want an opportunity to play the top players in tournament (its how i learned, so i wouldve been a complainer too). theres no pleasing everyone here, and thats competition at its core.

1)
I don't think anyone is suggesting different seeding?

2) these are the only tournaments available currently. I don't think that's correct to use as exclusion criteria for this proposed change since we have no way to accurately measure the tournament entries if tiered tourneys existed.

3) I don't think we need to exclude entrance for <1790 players from championship tourneys, to accomplish what the OP and others have asked for.

We already have an <1700 tourney. If we add a 1700-2000, and maybe 2000-2300 tourney bracket (with no prizes and lesser doodads or no doodads for victory, mind you), then I think you can accomplish a satisfactory tournament situation, maybe making some users very happy, and decreasing the number of entrants into th monthly championships ..

Ofc, as I said earlier, I do think this is already on the radar for the big guy...
Forum Index » New Feature Request