[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Helo nerf - how do you guys feel about it?
Forum Index » New Feature Request

I normally detest it when you compare units like people are doing here, because it's a game where you build armies instead of going 1v1, unit vs unit.

However... As diegomclima said, helicopters have hit and run. This is a huge leg up over a garuda. A helicopter can attack a unit and escape from danger (like a pack of marines nearby), or attack a unit and then capture a base, or return to an engineer. A garuda attacks a unit and then it's stuck, and if marines are within walking distance it's toast.

I think lowered defense would be a fair trade-off for the hit and run myself.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I believe it is very true that in rebalancing the Heli, you need to be VERY careful about their match up with Garuda's.

At the moment this match up is very well balanced IMHO. The Heli is more expensive, but two Heli's can kill a Garuda in one round, and it is more mobile. However the Garuda is cheaper, and can heal better by itself, giving it more gang up bonuses and endurance.

This means whoever plays better will generally win. If you upset this balance, it could be catastrophic to Sap vs Khral matches...

This is one of the reasons why I talked about Improving Titans vs Saps in the past, stead of messing with the Heli itself. perhaps that is still a better answer. Khral vs Sap seems at least close to balanced at the moment to me...
lion37

lion37

Here is an interesting idea. Change the Titan Eclipse so it can shoot 3 hexes away instead of just 2. That way eclipses will be able to shoot back at Heli's that attack and retreat.
Anonymous

Anonymous
i've attacked a healthy heli with 2 healthy garudas on opposite sides of each other and only got the heli down to 1 health. next round one of my garudas got killed by a troop (something my underling can't do) and the heli escaped for repairs. maybe that's just bad luck but i would've thought 2 garudas with attack bonus from opposite sides could kill a heli.
Anonymous

Anonymous
If two Garuda could reliably kill a Heli in one turn the battle between these units would be pretty lopsided.
Hachiman

Hachiman

lion37 wrote: Here is an interesting idea. Change the Titan Eclipse so it can shoot 3 hexes away instead of just 2. That way eclipses will be able to shoot back at Heli's that attack and retreat.

This might work if the 3 range was ONLY vs air units (which makes some sense since you can see things in the air from further away). Otherwise it would make an eclipse almost into a wyrm, and very scary vs ground light units as well as heli's.

Anonymous

Anonymous
if 2 garudas can attack consecutively from opposite sites of a heli, it should be able to kill a heli because it's difficult to get garudas in position to do that.
Forum Index » New Feature Request