[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Idea to balance unit to make all unit attractive
Forum Index » General Discussion
The Impaler

The Impaler

im pretty sure all top players buy a guardian against tanks and pinzir... am i wrong about this? im like, 99% sure ive seen kikoho himself buy a guardian. anyway, i think its true that the ranged and tank units are not in the best place, and that perhaps titans are the worst race/most boring

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

The Impaler wrote:im pretty sure all top players buy a guardian against tanks and pinzir... am i wrong about this? im like, 99% sure ive seen kikoho himself buy a guardian. anyway, i think its true that the ranged and tank units are not in the best place, and that perhaps titans are the worst race/most boring

Would top players build tank units with the current units and stats? From what I read that seems very unlikely, in which case they would also have no reason to buy the guardian. In your example kikoho is correctly defending against a poor choice of unit production by his opponent.

It seems what kikoho is complaining about is, if A builds tank then B builds tank buster and B wins. So A wont build tank therefore B has no need of tank buster, so neither unit is used. Ironically the addition of 3 new units has reduced the number of playable units on the field by 3 (possibly 6).

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Pento

Pento

I try to put a new aspect to my idea with the price.

Imagine a game Titan vs sapien with the price changes I put in my last comment.
Eclipse would cost 375, speeder 275. There is just 100 credits difference. Between those two units.
Probably a bunch of players would now consider to play the eclipse because it offers quite a bit of Advantage vs sapien. Extremely effective against Marine, Bopper, Helicopter, (Marauder).
With an eclipse on the playground sapien player has to consider as well what to play now. Some go on with the standard, other would now go for a tank or a battery. The two most effective units against eclipse.

Now again:
Titan player has to think how to react: probably guardian, perhaps tank or Walker.

So with just some little price changes there might be a better balance of the units and as well there are no modifications of the unit itself, means there won't be any surprises of the effect a unit has (compared to ability change).
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I'd increase the scaling of unit stats instead of decreasing the cost increments.

I do have my game idea development and my highest scaling for my units is 20 while keeping the 50 credit increments (and this was also what I suggested months ago link here:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2568.page)

rn, the highest scaling for a unit is 16, which what Destroyer & Speeder have in aq atk & mobility respectively.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

So after playing a lot more with the new units I like them a lot as they are. It's very difficult though, because I never buy plasma tanks anymore at all. I still use pinzers and regular tanks, but ptanks not at all. Here is the only problem with it. Against khraleans, the borfly is so cheap and mobile. Two of them cost less than a ptank, and yet obliterate it. Originally the ptank was created with the idea of keeping the titan back line strong and getting to walkers. Now, your wall is speeders and mechas. I am happier with the new game mechanics and units though, as tank walls were boring. But, I wish there was something to do with the plasma tank. I would dump it completely and give titans a new unit of some sort. For now, though, it is useless.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Pento

Pento

Great! No feedback of the balancing team.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Good discussion. I agree to some of the "challenges", but not all...

We want to increase the use of underused units in current meta... but we will not do any changes before the new aquatic units are out.

My own ideas for balance-changes:
- passive heal +1 for all tanks
- plasmatank +1 defence
- pinzer +1 defence
- sap tank +1 movement
- eclipse +1 heal
- eclipse +2 amph att
- wyrm MAA 4 (in addition to current MBA)
- borfly -1 GH
- fuze move +1
- cost of all artillery -50
And i would also like to nerf the speeder and marauder. They are way overused...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:Great! No feedback of the balancing team.

patince.. summer is vacation time

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:patince.. summer is vacation time

I agree to this (and not have thought about that O: )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08, 2017 08:38

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Fleskimiso

Fleskimiso

simsverd wrote:Good discussion. I agree to some of the "challenges", but not all...

We want to increase the use of underused units in current meta... but we will not do any changes before the new aquatic units are out.

- plasmatank +1 defence
- pinzer +1 defence
- sap tank +1 movement
- eclipse +1 heal
- eclipse +2 amph att
- borfly -1 GH
- fuze move +1
And i would also like to nerf the speeder and marauder. They are way overused...

Artillery needs a buff.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Fleskimiso wrote:
  simsverd wrote:Good discussion. I agree to some of the "challenges", but not all...

- plasmatank +1 defence
- pinzer +1 defence
- sap tank +1 movement
- eclipse +1 heal
- eclipse +2 amph att
- borfly -1 GH
- fuze move +1

Artillery needs a buff.

I like a lot of the suggestions, but how would you balance the marauder and speeder against the tank units if they all receive buffs? Nerfing the speeder/marauder while simultaneously boosting tank units would cause the opposite effect I'm afraid (nobody builds speeder/marauder and tanks rule the day) especially after you consider that tank units will also withstand blasters better with defense buffs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08, 2017 20:02

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

changes will be done incrementally.. dont worry

[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

wookieontheweb wrote:
Would top players build tank units with the current units and stats? From what I read that seems very unlikely, in which case they would also have no reason to buy the guardian. In your example kikoho is correctly defending against a poor choice of unit production by his opponent.

im not sure everyone would agree i am a top player, but i am certainly top 50 material, and i buy one tank against titan every time i play them, as a blocker for mechas, IF we get into a buildup situation (30% of the time). Maybe not super frequent, but it happens enough.

Simsverd, I know you said incrementally so I guess this next point is moot, but...: be careuful with too many changes too quick, nerfs/buffs to one unit can make other units you planned to balance, balance themselves out.

Glad to see you considering a marauder/speeder nerf. No one ever says they are OP and when I mention it no one responds... Then they all complain about other units that are much worse than marauder and speeder, the two best units in the game xD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 16:21

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]