[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar gets acquired by Spooky House Studios
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

On the economic and strategic scale, this is a plus for Uniwar, however the rest is left unknown. If you guys are big fans of the game, then this is good for most of us if you guys have the knowledge on what to implement and cooperation with the community, which is where virtually were the ideas came from, I can expect that you guys won't dumb down the game, but I do have my cautions too. A few major mistake could set us back to square one at best or be shut down at worst.

For what we've done for the last years about ideas, we've kept the sci-fi theming of the game well, well we thought of fantasy or semi fantasy theme ones (such as Pyrean and magical ones), but it's pretty much just to have fun and mess around So far, I've probably been one of those sophisticated guys thinking of so much brand new stuff so, I can hope to give you guys some nice stuff for the game, but you don't have to agree with them all

I may say good luck of taking care if uniwar and our community

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
The Impaler

The Impaler

gljack wrote:Dear UniWar players,

We are pleased to announce that UniWar has been acquired by Spooky House Studios.

We at Spooky House Studios are committed to take good care of UniWar players. Going forward we will bring new and awesome features to the game.

UniWar, welcome to the Spooky House Studios family!

Hi Andrei, I would also like to welcome you! I look forward to seeing what spookyhouse has to offer! I am excited that it seems updates will be recieved quicker than our past! I apologize for the lack of optimism from our community, but I am sure you understand the concerns, with the current state of mobile gaming in mind.

Without trying to sound too heavy handed, I would like to inform you that this community is NOT like much of the rest of the mobile market. The vast majority of the players here only play this game, and no other mobile games, due to the ever present skinner's box mentality, and similar "whale hunting" techniques.

The only reason I mention this, and the only reason my friend Duaneski mentioned your other games under the spookyhouse name, is that we firmly beleive that the marketing used in the current mobile market has the significant possibility of eliminating the already small playerbase of uniwar. Imposed restrictions like "energy" required to play games (only renewable though timers or payments) or constant reminders to share on social media would in no uncertain terms end the life of this game.

However, if you use your expertise, larger devlopment team, and larger monetary base to clean up existing bugs, expidite game feature requests, and grow the player base through effective external marketing, I can assure you this game can become exceedingly lucrative. We are a proud community, and we invest in quality, and with next to NO real competition in the app store or google play store for quality strategy war games, you have a monopoly in your hands.

I fear for the worst, and hope for the best. If you respect this community, we will reward you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17, 2017 01:19

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Along with others, one of my frustrations with this game has been the lack of communication on the forums. Another has been the basis of balance changes, which was a few high level players getting together to discuss balance.

Are there plans to come up with a better way of looking into potential imbalances in the game (collecting data from games), play-testing the changes in a beta environment, and then implementing changes as needed?
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

The Impaler wrote:
  gljack wrote:Dear UniWar players,

We are pleased to announce that UniWar has been acquired by Spooky House Studios.

We at Spooky House Studios are committed to take good care of UniWar players. Going forward we will bring new and awesome features to the game.

UniWar, welcome to the Spooky House Studios family!

Hi Andrei, I would also like to welcome you! I look forward to seeinv what spookyhouse has to offer! I am excited that it seems updates will be recieved quicker than our past! I apologize for the lack of optimism from our community, but I am sure you understand the concerns, with the current state of mobile gaming in mind.

Without trying to sound too heavy handed, I would like to inform you that this community is NOT like much of the rest of the mobile market. The vast majority of the players here only play this game, and no other mobile games, due to the ever present skinner's box mentality, and similar "whale hunting" techniques.

The only reason I mention this, and the only reason my friend Duaneski mentioned your other games under the spookyhouse name, is that we firmly beleive that the marketing used in the current mobile market has the significant possibility of eliminating the already small playerbase of uniwar. Imposed restrictions like "energy" required to play games (only renewable though timers or payments) or constant reminders to share on social media would in no uncertain terms end the life of this game.

However, if you use your expertise, larger devlopment team, and larger monetary base to clean up existing bugs, expidite game feature requests, and grow the player base through effective external marketing, I can assure you this game can become exceedingly lucrative. We are a proud community, and we invest in quality, and with next to NO real competition in the app store or google play store for quality strategy war games, you have a monopoly in your hands.

I fear for the worst, and hope for the best. If you respect this community, we will reward you.

Very well said impaler.
Batteries

Batteries

I would like to point out that gljack has been playing Uniwar since 2011 and been on the forum since 2012, meaning he has been part of the community for 6 years! I'm sure he's seen the game evolve and as a game dev himself, has ideas on what could improve. My point is that he isn't new to this community and probably holds this game in the same regard that many of us do.

If Spooky House is transparent about the changes they want to bring to this game and takes community feedback seriously enough, I'd like to think we won't have much to worry about.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Batteries wrote:I would like to point out that gljack has been playing Uniwar since 2011 and been on the forum since 2012, meaning he has been part of the community for 6 years! I'm sure he's seen the game evolve and as a game dev himself, has ideas on what could improve. My point is that he isn't new to this community and probably holds this game in the same regard that many of us do.

If Spooky House is transparent about the changes they want to bring to this game and takes community feedback seriously enough, I'd like to think we won't have much to worry about.

I can agree to this

I could help, since I have played so many strategy games have a noticeable knowledge to them

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
fireday

fireday

Animated replays
Animated moves
Camera zoom in
Double tap to zoom

We dont need all of this
In last update was implement zoom-effect when open battle,
pls, off it. its useless feature, thx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17, 2017 06:27

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

fireday wrote:
Animated replays
Animated moves
Camera zoom in
Double tap to zoom

We dont need all of this
In last update was implement zoom-effect when open battle,
pls, off it. its useless feature, thx

I agree with animated moves, I don't think it's necessary for the game, the animated attacks are already good enough

The rest have already been implemented, they're pretty useful tho, especially the replays, where we can see what happened and keep them

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

Hi, i was wondering if you will be a fixing alot of small things in uniwar, things that have been pending for quite a long time. For example (1) English flag option (2) updating unit descriptions,(there special attack range information and their movement after attack info) (3) being able to rename archived games (4) organization of friends lists (options like last logged in) (5) docks costing more mobility (for water units) (6) having art in chat for all the game tyles (like if i type mountain, a pic of mountain shows up in chat) (7) making search more user friendly ( making preferred race more sensitive (my profile says my preferred race is sapiens, i have not played sapiens in over a year)....... these are just some of the small easy fix suggestions that would make uniwar that much better

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22, 2017 12:20

MasterYoda
The Impaler

The Impaler

yoda +1.

The flash after a win also sucks. i close my eyes for it! Guys maybe we shouldnt overload them with requests

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Smash664

Smash664

MasterYoda wrote:Hi, i was wondering if you will be a fixing alot of small things in uniwar, things that have been pending for quite a long time. For example (1) English flag option (2) updating unit descriptions,(there special attack range information and their movement after attack info) (3) being able to rename archived games (4) organization of friends lists (options like last logged in) (5) docks costing more mobility (for water units) (6) having art in chat for all the game tyles (like if i type mountain, a pic of mountain shows up in chat) (7) making search more user friendly ........ these are just some of the small easy fix suggestions that would make uniwar that much better

The map search is a dumpster fire. You'll win a lot of Uniwarriors over by fixing that.
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Didn't know people were getting questions answered here. I guess I should have redirected them here instead of making this: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3042.page

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
Pento

Pento

Can't see many answers.
marcyblaze

marcyblaze

MasterYoda wrote:Hi, i was wondering if you will be a fixing alot of small things in uniwar, things that have been pending for quite a long time. For example (1) English flag option (2) updating unit descriptions,(there special attack range information and their movement after attack info) (3) being able to rename archived games (4) organization of friends lists (options like last logged in) (5) docks costing more mobility (for water units) (6) having art in chat for all the game tyles (like if i type mountain, a pic of mountain shows up in chat) (7) making search more user friendly ( making preferred race more sensitive (my profile says my preferred race is sapiens, i have not played sapiens in over a year)....... these are just some of the small easy fix suggestions that would make uniwar that much better

+1
pashaka

pashaka

MasterYoda wrote:Hi, i was wondering if you will be a fixing alot of small things in uniwar, things that have been pending for quite a long time. For example (1) English flag option (2) updating unit descriptions,(there special attack range information and their movement after attack info) (3) being able to rename archived games (4) organization of friends lists (options like last logged in) (5) docks costing more mobility (for water units) (6) having art in chat for all the game tyles (like if i type mountain, a pic of mountain shows up in chat) (7) making search more user friendly ( making preferred race more sensitive (my profile says my preferred race is sapiens, i have not played sapiens in over a year)....... these are just some of the small easy fix suggestions that would make uniwar that much better

thanks for your suggestions! we will consider all of this list for future development of UniWar. We are now mainly focused on making easier new users onboarding and improving UI. btw. English flag is done - will be there in 1.12.8 version
Forum Index » General Discussion