[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Subscribe to ios beta testing
Forum Index » Bug Reports
pashaka

pashaka

Hi!

If you want to try iOS beta version you can subscribe here.

What's needed - your Device Model and UDID.
Example:

pashaka - iPhone 6s - 123e735463222aad968f1a5415bcaa42c123ce28

(Where to get UDID: https://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid ).
Also make sure you have your email validated in your UniWar account. There you will receive link to download beta version of the game.

Please don't spam here.

Hi, Paul

Thank

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 26, 2017 09:00

Cannondale

Cannondale

Name: cannondale
Device: iPhone 5c
UUID: BB797A2B-4F13-4BDE-82A9-FC7C7C6654E9
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I'm interested in beta testing. But I'm wondering if posting a UDID in a public forum is a good idea?

I don't know much about them but while trying to find mine without plugging into a CPU for iTunes I came across this. If TLDR just read the last sentence:

"The UDID could be used as a sort of "anonymized" token. However, many developers connected a UDID with users' real names, user names, passwords, location, or other data. While the UDID alone would be of little use to hackers or identity thieves, network snoopers could correlate these UDIDs with other data gleaned from multiple apps, which privacy advocates believe is plenty to home in on a particular person.

Indeed, despite the promise of "anonymized" data, computer scientists have repeatedly demonstrated that it's possible to "de-anonymize" or "re-identify" individuals from large, anonymized datasets, including Netflix rental histories and databases of tweets. Director of Harvard University's Data Privacy Lab, Dr. Latanya Sweeney, showed as part of her graduate research in 2000 that it was possible to uniquely identify 87 percent of Americans using just a ZIP code, birthdate, and sex.

In October 2010, Bucknell University Assistant Director of Information Security and Networking Eric Smith released a paper showing that a large percentage of apps were transmitting UDIDs along with other personally identifying information.

"For example, Amazon's application communicates the logged-in user's real name in plain text, along with the UDID, permitting both Amazon.com and network eavesdroppers to easily match a phone's UDID with the name of the phone's owner. The CBS News application transmits both the UDID and the iPhone device’s user-assigned name, which frequently contains the owner’s real name," Smith's report noted.

That data could be correlated by companies and shared or sold to "unintended customers such as advertisers, spouses, divorce lawyers, debt collectors, or industrial spies," according to Smith. Hackers and identity thieves could very well do the same thing."
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

(I honestly have no clue if this should be a concern or not. If it isn't then my apologies for muddying the water. Just seemed like it made sense)
pashaka

pashaka

Duaneski wrote:I'm interested in beta testing. But I'm wondering if posting a UDID in a public forum is a good idea?

Special for you we have created an option - you can email all the info to support@spookyhousestudios.com
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

pashaka wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:I'm interested in beta testing. But I'm wondering if posting a UDID in a public forum is a good idea?

Special for you we have created an option - you can email all the info to support@spookyhousestudios.com

My apologies pashaka. It isn't my intention to make more work for you. I honestly didn't know UDID exists before this thread. I'm kinda an old person.

I'm far more interested in knowing if UDID being made available is actually a security risk versus being a beta tester.. I really have no clue and can't find a concrete answer via a search

. (Though I feel compelled to become a beta tester now since you went through the extra effort :p .. once I get my UDID I'll apply)
Forum Index » Bug Reports