[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Submarine defenses
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Should ships be able to attack submerged units?
No 21% [ 3 ]
Yes 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14
iminthefloor

iminthefloor

Currently, the only way to attack a submerged unit is with another submerged unit.

I highly recommend allowing destroyers, leviathans, and hydronauts the ability to attack these units. Even if their attack value is 1, some defense is essential.

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Absolutely agree. It's a necessary.
Otherwise players will prone to spam huge number of submarine.

And after one player can win the submarine war, he can do anything he want on the sea.
That make the naval war boring.

I like the idea Duneski suggested in another post that submarine should beat battleship, battleship beat amphibian and amphibian beat submarine.

The rock-paper-scissor mechanic will always auto-regulate types of naval unit to build.

And able to use amphibians to counter submarines give a chance for players to take the sea back from inland.

I think amphibian and battleship should be able to fire weakly at the diving submarines.
Perhap making just 1-3 hp damage with a close attack range of 1.
They can't see the hp of submarine, just know how many damage they can deal.

Amphibians should be the main answer to submarines.
But battleships should have some weak anti-submarine too.
It must be strange if a huge whole battleship doesn't have any single equipment to deal with submarines.
And amphibians will still be the main force against submarines due to their cost-effectiveness.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04, 2017 12:19

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

First: there will be little changes to the subs regarding adding new parameters.. as this would require work on both server and client.. that i dont think is realistic to expect for some time.

Im not sure if it is possible with current parameters to give ships and/or amphibians ability to fire at the subs.. but as they are aquactic units they will be killed so fast and easy by the capital ships .. there is no "easy" way to let them just deal 1-3 dammage to the subs...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:there is no "easy" way to let them just deal 1-3 dammage to the subs...

Amphibious torpedoes

In seriousness, anti submarine measures should be able to be available to amphibious, since subs will just wreck ships now

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Redfog

Redfog

I personally like the rock-paper-scissor mechanic idea although it doesn't really fit the amphibious unit type of style. However I feel like the submarine should be the most efficient way of getting rid of subs. It just doesn't feel right that it's easy to reactively get rid of subs by building amphibious units rather than playing proactively and building some submersible units in anticipation of opposing subs.

btw glad to see the Kraken patched to 1 range underwater (it used to be 1-2 iirc which would be borderline game breaking)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04, 2017 22:52

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Redfog wrote:I personally like the rock-paper-scissor mechanic idea although it doesn't really fit the amphibious unit type of style. However I feel like the submarine should be the most efficient way of getting rid of subs. It just doesn't feel right that it's easy to reactively get rid of subs by building amphibious units rather than playing proactively and building some submersible units in anticipation of opposing subs. ...

Then how about making amphibian's anti-submarine weapons an area-effected instead ?

Let's say, amphibians & battleships can drop underwater bombs.

Because they can't locate submarines precisely, they just drop the bomb below them.
That bomb will do 1hp damage to any submarines within range of 2,
regardless they're enemies or friends.

This ability doesn't require cooldown. It's just another type of weapon they can choose.

Then this bomb can't do much harm to any single submarine.
Submarine is still the best way to fight an enemy's approaching submarine.

But whenever you enemies are brainlessy spamming submarines,
you can send amphibians to cripple massive number of their subs.

This mechanic allow players to build some amount of submarines around.
But not too much of them. At least not to the point they're crowding together.

I suggest battleships should equipped with this bomb too.

Since it's must be really strange if a small amphibian have this weapon while an entire capital ship haven't.

I'm sure players will still use mainly amphibians for this purpose, since they're much cheaper.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05, 2017 07:48

[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

So, Kraken has 12 defense when submerged, fitting to 450 credits melee unit but is any good?

Classic units have heavy attack penalty vs submerged units, especially ground and new units have tons of armor pierce vs aquatic. It's invincible when it doesn't matter are squishier then underling when you really need it.

Other races at least have ranged subs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28, 2017 20:35

Forum Index » New Feature Request