[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
【Say something】Nerf and weird bug in the recent update
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
samueror

[Avatar]
samueror

I have to say there are new features been introduced after the SHS taken over the game, but it seems there are some bugs and weird nerf happened in the update

- Campaign No. 6 and 9 appear to have issue, which you will lose the battle AFTER you have completed all the objectives.
- You will not get push notifications when someone skipped your turn in the online solo game

P.S. Many ppl dont like the double-tap zoom-in so you introduce the option to turn it off, thats nice

- And, Intended nerf of the underwater (UW) is weird, all of the UW units have lost the amour-piecing ability when underwater, plus +50 cost for all three UW units.

IMAGE HERE

With the UWs become available in both ios and android version, its possible those units will soon live; but the question is, will these units have any use in the current game? My answer is NO. The UW is designed (or at least I think) to counter the aquatic units and support ground assault with its superior attack range.

The units has changed as they lost the amour-piecing and get more expensive——they are no longer the long range support units but only for harassment. The high cost and low damage/amour/mobility make it vulnerable from all type of damage. I imagine the UWs only useful for particular maps like the 31rd solo map (Land Bridge)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 11, 2017 02:40

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the push nitificationbag and the mission 9 bug is already known,.. see the bughunt forumpost in the bug-section.

Regarding doing less dammage from underwater than from submerged state - this is intentional. The subs need incentive to ever surface, and they have better "stats" on surface. Better defence, move, range, attackpower are intentionally better on surface.
See the sheet for the current stats.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SIghcjoE-yfqjpk_oU0bNJkXANzryMlQrACmIHfYDzc/edit?usp=drive_web

Subs are still work in progress. we do changes incrementally, but it will take many weeks before the subs are properly balanced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11, 2017 05:49

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
samueror

[Avatar]
samueror

simsverd wrote:the push nitificationbag and the mission 9 bug is already known,.. see the bughunt forumpost in the bug-section.

Subs are still work in progress. we do changes incrementally, but it will take many weeks before the subs are properly balanced.

Thanks for your reply, I understand that some changes were necessary to balance the UWs, but I still have few questions:

- Submarine, the unit that has the ability to attack air when underwater, but only inflict minimal damage (1) to most air units after the update. (?)
- Skimmer is similar to mantisse, which is bit more expensive and slightly better than the submarine. (√)
- Kraken sacrifice the attack range for the best stats, which is perfectly reasonable (√)

- Considering the nerf to the UWs, can we say that the UWs are only capable of battlefield harassment rather than direct attack (?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11, 2017 23:06

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

samueror wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I understand that some changes were necessary to balance the UWs, but I still have few questions:

- Submarine, the unit that has the ability to attack air when underwater, but only inflict minimal damage (1) to most air units after the update. (?)

- Considering the nerf to the UWs, can we say that the UWs are only capable of battlefield harassment rather than direct attack (?)

The submarine is the only sub that can hit all targets while submerged. The kraken and skimmer can only hit surface units while submerged (including units on reef, naval bases and bridges). The skimmer can hit all targets on land/surface/air while surfaced and kraken kan hit all surface/land targets except air while surfaced (within ranges 1:3 and 1:1 ofc..)
all subs have a underwater penalty when submerged and attacking surfaced (or air) targets. Currently that penalty is -4 but could change..

We are considering to let other units than subs dammage subs under water, but it will probably be at reduced effect.. to awoid to easy killing the subs.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 12, 2017 11:32

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
samueror

[Avatar]
samueror

simsverd wrote:
  samueror wrote:

The submarine is the only sub that can hit all targets while submerged. The kraken and skimmer can only hit surface units while submerged (including units on reef, naval bases and bridges). The skimmer can hit all targets on land/surface/air while surfaced and kraken kan hit all surface/land targets except air while surfaced (within ranges 1:3 and 1:1 ofc..)
all subs have a underwater penalty when submerged and attacking surfaced (or air) targets. Currently that penalty is -4 but could change..

We are considering to let other units than subs dammage subs under water, but it will probably be at reduced effect.. to awoid to easy killing the subs.

I noticed that Kraken is the only UW unit that have the resurface buff, are you considering add resurface bonus to all UWs ?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

we have considered it, but will probably only have it on the kraken.. because of range.. and because its more "in line" with what should be expected from the giant squid from the deep.. surfacing and attacking/drowning the ship with its tentacles ;

[Email]
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

EDIT (I answered my own question): Can someone explain if you can actually see submerged units? How exactly do you attack them?

So I read that you can see submerged units as long as units are adjacent to them, but you can't attack them. I think it's a really bad idea to limit the counter to submerged units to submerged units. That limits the the strategy when an opponent starts massing submerged units in a battle focused on aquatics. You're pretty much forced to build your own fleet of submerged units, which would get pretty boring quickly.

Why not give the engineer/assimilator/infector and/or other aquatic units (in case there's so much water that having these units on the edge would still not provide vision) a vision ability to see submerged units greater than one tile away so that they could be attacked?

To your point, you'd obviously have to balance attacks on submerged units, but I think this would open up the strategy a bit more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13, 2017 15:37

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

simsverd wrote:
  samueror wrote:

Are all these unit characteristics explained anywhere else? I'm reading through the descriptions in-game, and they're not very clear. I'm not completely following you here either so let me make sure I'm understanding. Kraken and Skimmer can't hit other submerged units while submerged while the Submarine can? I'm assuming the Submarine can attack all types of targets while surfaced?
[Avatar]
samueror

[Avatar]
samueror

dr. pepper wrote:
  simsverd wrote:
  samueror wrote:

Are all these unit characteristics explained anywhere else? I'm reading through the descriptions in-game, and they're not very clear. I'm not completely following you here either so let me make sure I'm understanding. Kraken and Skimmer can't hit other submerged units while submerged while the Submarine can? I'm assuming the Submarine can attack all types of targets while surfaced?

- Kraken can hit land, water surface units when its on the surface; hit submerged units when its underwater
- Skimmer can hit land, water surface and air units when its on the surface; hit submerged units when its underwater
- Submarine can hit land, water surface and air units when its on the surface; hit land, air, water surface and submerged units when its underwater

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

- Kraken can hit land, water surface units when its on the surface; hit submerged units when its underwater
- Skimmer can hit land, water surface and air units when its on the surface; hit submerged units when its underwater
- Submarine can hit land, water surface and air units when its on the surface; hit land, air, water surface and submerged units when its underwater

Thank you, that's very helpful! If only it was this clear in the game.
Forum Index » General Discussion