[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
EnnuiGoblinGames Season 3!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

Hey Uniwarriors! So after another much needed sabbatical, I'm back once again and doing the prep work for another round of Uniwar and mobile gaming videos! I figured the best way to decide what content to cover would be to ask the community what content they'd like to see the most.

Here's what I'm thinking for UniWar content...

- I enjoyed the live tournament casts, livecasts were a popular addition to the channel last season, so I plan on running more for the upcoming units and tournaments.

- Pre-Recorded Tournament Coverage: Livecasts are fun, but I felt the channel was missing video content under 60 minutes. Viewership dropped a bit once the video length went up to an average of 90-120 minutes, so I plan to record cast of games with the purpose of shortening some casts for more casual viewers. Recorded games also let me add better quality audio and editing.

- Tactical Rounds Series: These are fun to make, and reception has been pretty positive in the past, so I'd like to do these more often. Especially looking for seasoned pros (2400) with tactical lesson ideas.

- Social Media: I've never been an avid fan of social media, but after some discussion with more successful streamers, it's evidently the most efficient way to grow a channel (and bring more players to uniwar *wink wink*). So I've been working to upgrade my channel's FACEBOOK and TWITTERaccounts. If you would like to help me grow the channel, please hit the subscribe buttons on these platforms. I'll be posting notifications and event announcements to these accounts.

[color=red]Non Uniwar Content:

One of the best way to get new players involved in UniWar is to make video content for other games that I play and link viewers from those videos to my UniWar content. Here are a few games I thought would be fun to play on the channel.

- Battlevoid Sector Seige: The new sequel to Battlevoid Harbinger, one of my all time favorite rouguelikes.
- Templar Battleforce: This was a super fun game that I livestreamed on the channel. Wouldn't mind another go at it.
- Mayhem PvP: In my opinion, the best new mobile multiplayer game of the year! Would love to play with other Uniwarriors!
Let me know what you all think in the commens.

Check out my Youtube channel "EnnuiGoblin Games" to watch coverage of Uniwar Tournaments, strategy tactics, and livestream events.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/c/EnnuiGoblinGames

Twitter: @EnnuiGoblin
[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

Hey Ennui, glad to see you coming back. I watched some of your streams to learn how to play when i joined, so thanks for that!

Im in the (very slow) process of writing an advanced guide targetted at helping 2300+ players learn.

As the idea evolved I've changed direction a tad to split into 3-5 guides targetted to each different section of players (1500) (1501-1600) (1601-2000) (2001-2300) (2301-2600). I'm not sure how long this will take, but I really like that general idea.

I recommend you try something along those lines, with targeted audiences for each video, perhaps wih a list of concepts to touch on that are vital for each level to learn (ie first 2 levels have no need for roll manipulation, but the latter 2 require it)

it would also be great to have single videos for very targeted questions like "how do saps deal with plague?" or "how to deal with walkers?" with commentary overlayed over a pro game of some one defeating a walker. this could be a much shorter video.

im available to assist in answering these questions and/or providing replays that emphasize different points. (i have a load of my own replays and have watched a bunch of other top players replays so i might remember where to look)

i also recommend looking at evr's "pro tournament" replays, under that same account name

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29, 2017 19:06

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
The Impaler

The Impaler

afterthought: maybe go classic youtube content and do some "top tens" (top champ players, top ranked players, top kvk, svs, tvt, top rated maps blah blah blah). just in case you ever run out of ideas and wanna keep pumping out content haha

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Great you're back gobbles sire.

Now,

Do it as the logic commands.
Tourney/event videos: true emotions and live commentary is an absolute neccesity. This is like the fighting pitt and you are the great entertainer, cheering the crowd and unleashing all the emotions. Bonus info: all the 'free bonuses' or balance talk or whatever makes people less focused and annoyed because the video goes from 60 minutes to 2,5 hours. Surely you can interact with the live chat, but that should be limited as well.
+ if you really really love live streams, then game talks with guest visitor and focus on chat is definitely nice, I'd myself gladly participate, but won't ever ever watch it afterwards...
Oh, bonus info 2: YOU NEED TO AD THE EVENTS PRIOR SO THE PEOPLE WOULDN'T WATCH IT.

Everything else: one separate match analisys, tactical talks etc., should be heavily edited. HEAVILY. The more graphical 'touch', (like these famous legia's range lines and arrows, are G-R-E-A-T), more views.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31, 2017 22:17

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

1 vs 1 high level ranked matches, on nicely made maps are the best to learn from. Preferably Short games? Under 30 rounds?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01, 2017 23:27

MasterYoda
The Impaler

The Impaler

id say under 20 rounds. that normally means one player found a strategic advantage rather than a better use of attacks/roll manipulation

[WWW]
Redfog

Redfog

Woooohooooooo! Yeah! I've always liked the format especially since Uniwar content is so scarce on Youtube. I'd love to see a comeback of UniWar Tactical Rounds, Livecasts and as The Impaler already pointed out the 'classical' Youtube stuff like Top 10 [insert your ideas here] would also make for good content. I personally think however, that if you want to target an audience on Facebook and Twitter you probably should go for a different approach.
Few people bother with applications that take more than 5-10 minutes to grasp and UniWar takes a lot more than that. What I think might be a good idea for beginners is to provide them with custom missions that are targeted towards practicing one aspect of the game without patronizing the player like the campaign does.
dougman4

dougman4

Ennui,

I’m glad you’re back at it. I have ideas but would prefer to talk over the phone. If you email me at dougman4@yahoo.com we can connect.

Best,

Doug
Forum Index » General Discussion