[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Titan need their plasma tank improved.
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:
Perhaps a special feature like move +6 but only every 10 rounds.(turbo boost & super pursuit mode)

features that require coding will likely not happen.. try to find solutions with the parameters available

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Pento

Pento

I know Sim, it's not my first day in this forum.

But it's difficult to find something when nowadays your have to keep in mind that the races have to keep unique.
Once MAA was just an ability of Sapiens (+speeder) now Khral got it as well.

Good Healing was never an ability of Titans it's a Khral thing but plasma +2 heading would make it very much Khral.

I think there is no problem in raising movent for plasma. Speeder is the fastest unit in the game. Guardian is quick as well. Skimmer is fast, Mantisse as well. Titan is not slow any more. This paradigma got lost.

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I agree with Pento slow movement is not a titan’s characteristic anymore.
Titan are slow. But in the term of their attack, not their movement.
Since they need a lot of money & time to build a proper offense.

If I have to choose either keeping plasma tank's 1 repair or keeping its 6 speed,
I think keeping its 1 repair is the better way to preserve its titan style.

If plasma tank has 2 repair, the overall repairability of titan will become almost the same as sapien.
And +1 repair alone is likely to be a too much buff.

While increasing plasma tank speed from 6 to 7 , it still slightly slower than pinzer & tank.
Phill_the_ll

Phill_the_ll

I agree with a lot of the things being said here. Plasma speed +1 seems to be the most appropriate buff. I also am still in favor of the idea sap tank +1 speed too .

However, I don't understand why most of the new units have such a variety of armor piercing. I understand tank busters, but why do the new sub units pierce just about everything? It seems to undermine the idea that titans have more defense. one example I've never seen brought up is mecha having +1 defense vs other infantry. For Example: skimmer 10% infantry pierce. What a just about meaningless stat. I feel it's better to have a higher vs infantry instead of giving a unit random piercing % vs a unit type.

It is fair to note that 10% piercing doesn't matter much in the long run, but why do we have piercing vs all unit types. we only had problems vs tanks.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant. It was not ment in any such way. Id also love to reason with those who have opposing opinions.
Thanks
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

StarryBlink wrote:If plasma tank has 2 repair, the overall repairability of titan will become almost the same as sapien.

Imo, +1 repair wouldn't be much of a difference bc blaster units can easily destroy it, making repair not as scary as you think.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Batteries

Batteries

I think the tanks have good movement/heal. Heal 2 on the Plasma seems a bit excessive. I think it would be fine to just give each of them a bit of a damage buff. If you really wanted to mess with mobility, maybe cut the sapien tank mobility down a little, but give it a unique ability where it gets 2 actions per turn, but in each action it can either move OR attack, but can only heal once per turn. This could allow a frontline tank to double attack, and let new tanks get into position more quickly. It could also allow move after attack in some situations.

EDIT: Just saw your post about adding new features to units. Too bad, but understandable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28, 2018 21:59

[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

Batteries wrote:I think the tanks have good movement/heal. Heal 2 on the Plasma seems a bit excessive. I think it would be fine to just give each of them a bit of a damage buff. If you really wanted to mess with mobility, maybe cut the sapien tank mobility down a little, but give it a unique ability where it gets 2 actions per turn, but in each action it can either move OR attack, but can only heal once per turn. This could allow a frontline tank to double attack, and let new tanks get into position more quickly. It could also allow move after attack in some situations.

EDIT: Just saw your post about adding new features to units. Too bad, but understandable.

This would mostly work without introducing new abilities (new code that is), just add no attack after move on top of 2 actions per turn. This wouldn't make make repair a full turn action but could be emulated with some sideffects with 1 repair per action like marauder.
Pento

Pento

LkASr wrote:
  StarryBlink wrote:If plasma tank has 2 repair, the overall repairability of titan will become almost the same as sapien.

Imo, +1 repair wouldn't be much of a difference bc blaster units can easily destroy it, making repair not as scary as you think.

I think it's a quite scary thing! Imagine a Plasma on a healing tile. +6 in one round. Together with an Assimilator + 12.
And that is nothing out of the world.

I think this would support as well a very defensive way of playing Titan. Plasma first defense line with an Assimilator in the back and some walkers behind.
Back in the old times.
keymaster2

keymaster2

to be honest i think the sapien tank needs a buff and the plasma because the plasma's are stronger than the tank, i've noticed plasma beats the sapien tank in a fight beetween the 2
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

keymaster2 wrote:to be honest i think the sapien tank needs a buff and the plasma because the plasma's are stronger than the tank, i've noticed plasma beats the sapien tank in a fight beetween the 2

That's why sapien tank is cheaper. Also don't underestimate higher repair rate and mobility.
[Avatar]
Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Hawaiian

Don't forget that plasma tanks can be brought down rapidly to low health with just one bopper or borfly. Thus a +2 GH buff is actually very minor considering that a low health Plasma won't do much damage anyway.

Thus, better healing might also not be a bad buff. They have to sit and not attack to heal. They have to move to attack, and cannot also heal. So really both buffs might not be bad at all. Every tank is very underpowered now with the advent of the bopper and borfly. I think the two buffs together would make a more dynamic game. And you may see situations where plasma tanks actually advance to attack. Would be fun to mix it up like that.

I think the next new units should be something to prevent unit buildup at safe range, almost the same thing as turtling. The mega weapons that can attack or threaten large groups of units to break up positions. The only boring games, to me, are the ones where units buildup gradually at safe range and then after several rounds of non-action finally attack.
Redfog

Redfog

Hawaiian wrote:Don't forget that plasma tanks can be brought down rapidly to low health with just one bopper or borfly. Thus a +2 GH buff is actually very minor considering that a low health Plasma won't do much damage anyway.

Thus, better healing might also not be a bad buff. They have to sit and not attack to heal. They have to move to attack, and cannot also heal. So really both buffs might not be bad at all. Every tank is very underpowered now with the advent of the bopper and borfly. I think the two buffs together would make a more dynamic game. And you may see situations where plasma tanks actually advance to attack. Would be fun to mix it up like that.

I think the next new units should be something to prevent unit buildup at safe range, almost the same thing as turtling. The mega weapons that can attack or threaten large groups of units to break up positions. The only boring games, to me, are the ones where units buildup gradually at safe range and then after several rounds of non-action finally attack.

Yeah I think the race needing this the most though would be the Khraleans since imo KvK is the most tedious and boring matchup in the entire game with no diversity at all.
keymaster2

keymaster2

i have noticed the other tanky units lose more health in a fight against a plasma but the fact that others have more repair rate makes it harder for plasmas,it next to 1 assimilator allows it to heal 2, but a sapien tank next to an engineer allows it to heal 4,pinzer with infector 6 so it will make a big difference making the plasma tank better than the sapien with a healing buff
keymaster2

keymaster2

pento you forgot that eclipse is speedy as well
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

Hawaiian wrote:Don't forget that plasma tanks can be brought down rapidly to low health with just one bopper or borfly. Thus a +2 GH buff is actually very minor considering that a low health Plasma won't do much damage anyway.

Um, blasters (bopper, borfly, guardian) were introduced for breaking up turtling tactics. Have you noticed how long range they have? Previously only few special units had any range beyond melee and only artillery had more then 2 range. Then came blasters with up to 3 range and suddenly no tile is truly safe (they are also relatively cheap). This certainly broke plasma tank + walker turtling but I still find tanks viable in offense, you just need to think about supporting them. Actually tanks are support units now, they are mobile walls which deny movement to opponent and give friendly units some breathing room to recover.

I vote for adding a bit of mobility to plasma tank because it's really annoying to move them over a base now. I had a few 2v2 game where my base was next to a bridge and teammate couldn't move his tank while I was building units there. 6 mobility is really limiting, it confines a unit to 1 tile per turn in most cases, it could move 2 tiles but the slightest hint of difficult terrain brings it down to 1.
Forum Index » General Discussion