[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Ideas
Forum Index » General Discussion
Hypothetically, if there was a cool, well balanced new race added to Uniwar, would you support it?
Hell yeah! 44% [ 4 ]
Maybe. I would be very cynical about it, but for it if it was made to my liking. 44% [ 4 ]
No. It would make the game too complicated. 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

I think giving the Quetzal low heavy ground attack would work. It provides an easy counter to it that may balance out the other problems.

24 'carrot' gold
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

When it comes to the toad unit hopping, would it even get much use? It can already move 2 tiles most of the time. Hopping would be very situational. Maybe if the hop boosted his attacks by 1 stage? Or if the hop was 3 hexes instead of 2?

24 'carrot' gold
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Prime Carrot wrote:When it comes to the toad unit hopping, would it even get much use? It can already move 2 tiles most of the time. Hopping would be very situational. Maybe if the hop boosted his attacks by 1 stage? Or if the hop was 3 hexes instead of 2?

I was imagining hopping be something it could do in addition to movement so this has many strategic applications:

1) extra movement.
2) hopping over mountains or chasms
3) avoiding zone of control (this is where hopping can make this unit really deadly. Like. Salamander vs saps deadly.). He can move his normal hexes then hop to a squishy unit (this may necessatate lower base movement. Or making hopping something they can only do before moving and attacking. BUT personally I like move hop attack as an option. Makes the unit versatile. Just ya know gotta make the stat line uninspiring )
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I like going low GH on the Quetzl. That gives it a very unique role.

If you make that change, you may have to look at the races ability to deal with GH overall. They may need some extra help there. ESP since they've got the rapid fire artillery

(I'm thinking specifically the Blaster unit will need to be able to deal out the hurt to GH. Might make sense to take the blind off that unit and possibly give that to the Battery?)

I know that's a lot of changes. Just how I'm thinking about it
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

I'll have to tinker with the hop idea for now.

As for buffing against GH, I could boost a few stats for those ranged units

24 'carrot' gold
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

UPDATE

All balance changes that I said I would make have been made, except for the following.

I kept the Pouakai's attacks the same. My logic is that since they are aerial, they can not get the standard infantry buffs from forests and mountains. This by far balances out their attack, in fact, I could probably justify raising them, but not now.

I decided to change the gigantop by keeping it's high mobility but lowering it's attacks. This way it is a fast, high defense unit that dishes out a decent amount of damage but not an excessive amount like the tanks we are used to.

Still thinking about the beelzetoad hop idea.

---

I added images to each of the units so that you can visualize them better.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 21, 2018 00:25

24 'carrot' gold
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

Made a bunch of balance changes.

Most notably the devil-rider. Just realized how OP that would be. Now it can no longer attack after move. This is a huge nerf so I brought its cost down to 250 and increased its defenses. I might need to buff its attacks still to make up for it, because unlike borfly, it can not move after attack. I'll need some imput on this one.

Quetzel movement down to 11. I guess I never really absorbed the thing about walkers. I will slightly increase GH damage.

24 'carrot' gold
Indisguise

Indisguise

Just looked at the energy race. Very cool.

Thoughts:

Blitzer - 1-3 range in 100 cost unit ... with MAA 11.. seems too much to me. I would think with the low stat line you could do 1-2 range or maybe 2-3 range.

Aegis - does it have any armor piercing?

I like the nuke. Do units that attack it take any damage?

Lotta cool concepts those are my main questions for sure.

I think you should reconsider the spider mines thing. Personally I don't think it meshes super well with most of the ideas you've got here. How about a supercharge or overcharge that increases the units attack at a cost to defense? Or maybe it costs like 50 credits for the overcharge.... :p just imho of course
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

Indisguise wrote:Just looked at the energy race. Very cool.

Thoughts:

Blitzer - 1-3 range in 100 cost unit ... with MAA 11.. seems too much to me. I would think with the low stat line you could do 1-2 range or maybe 2-3 range.

Aegis - does it have any armor piercing?

I like the nuke. Do units that attack it take any damage?

Lotta cool concepts those are my main questions for sure.

I think you should reconsider the spider mines thing. Personally I don't think it meshes super well with most of the ideas you've got here. How about a supercharge or overcharge that increases the units attack at a cost to defense? Or maybe it costs like 50 credits for the overcharge.... :p just imho of course

Agreed on Blitzer. It's gimmick is the long range and MAA, so I changed its range to 2-3 and retained it's low stats and defense.

Aegis. Yes, I will add armour piercing but it will likely be adjusted several times to balance the race's weaknesses.

No, the Star Cell does not damage units outside of it's explosion. I have added some text to clarify.

I think I want to stick with mines. I've always been a fan of the concept and I think energy mines are unique to the landmine stereotype. I added an image that MAY change your mind, maybe not.

I really appreciate the input! I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 09, 2018 23:01

24 'carrot' gold
Indisguise

Indisguise

Excellent I'm good with all of that
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Race - pepperoni pizzarians

Units=ingredients:

1) the cake - tank-like unit.
Defence - 11
Attack vs light/amphibia/flying - 2
Attack vs water - 10
Attack vs heavy - 7

The cake is designed to cover from the outside more fragile ingredients.

2) the CHEESE - amphibia type
Sth like swarmer.
defence - 0
Attack ranged 1-3
Attack vs light/amphibia 3
Attack vs others 4.
Movement helluva to go str8 for these nasty anti-abortion cake eaters.
/Edit anti-tank for goddam. Autocorrect, that's not even a joke/
3) the SAUSE - basic type, 100 gold
Basecap
Defence - like underling, I don't remember
Attack vs.... oh hell I dunno. Make it so universal that the SAUSE would be everywhere, ok? EVERYWHHHERE!!!

4) the PEPPERONI - burns twice, artilery
Like special ability uhm... Oh I know, explodes after death, that fits.
Expensive. It is, believe me.

5) the SALAMAMMA MIA CARRAMBA sausage
Simply delicious. Marauder type. Because you always want to have another move with it.

6) BASIL - healer. Infector type (300)
There's not really basil leaves on a pepperoni, so it kinda fits that it's a unit nobody builds anyway, right?

7) UNEXPECTED undersause pepperoni:
Submarine, really nasty. Also explodes, but no one knows. Because explosions underwater arent so spectacular.

wait, how many units does races have? Uhm infantry check, healer check, amphi check, 250 check, tank check... Ooh, I know.
THE CHOPPER.
just copy the helicopter stats and make the picture cooler. Like APACHE cool.

9) the boat - you wouldn't afford it anyway, so I won't bother to mention.
Cost - 9000
Can cap bases, flies, defence - like, with gangup +3 maybe plasma could deal 1 hp, maybe not.

The general strategy towards any race would be to keep the cake at the outside, then double line it with cheese, then sink everything with SAUSE and some more cheese, and add an occasional pepperoni and salami from time to time.
Bake it for 15-20 turns on a 250-350 unicoins oven and you're ready to go.

https://goo.gl/images/S65w6V

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jul 10, 2018 18:36

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

I like cake. Does that make me against abortion?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10, 2018 21:59

24 'carrot' gold
Forum Index » General Discussion