[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Co-op battles
Forum Index » New Feature Request
OmegaD

OmegaD

I have 29 games going atm, yet, when I log in to play, it's not my turn on any of them. On other days, I have limited time to play but have 20 games waiting for me to make my moves. But what can be done? Is this just the sad reality of tbs? Must we be bored one day and get skipped the next?

Well, I have a solution! It's called... (drum roll, please) ...co-op battles!

"Co-op battles," you say, "but isn't that what multiplayer games are?" Silence! I am not proposing a multiplayer game where each teammate has their own army; I am proposing a co-op game where all teammates share the SAME army!

How it would work:
1. You set up a game like normal on any even map (2p, 4p, 6p, 8p) and select "co-op."
2. A roster appears, allowing up to 10 players on each side to join. Add some names to each side, and start the game. (Ideally, the game could be started before everyone accepts.)
3. UniWar melds multiplayer armies (on 4p, 6p, 8p maps) into a single army (like a 2p map). Now there are only 2 armies, with multiple players assigned to each.
4. Any team member can make the next move for their team. (Either all starting positions on a team could move simultaneously, or, even better, each could move in sequence like in a normal multiplayer game. The important point is that any team member could make the move; players would not be tied to a particular starting position but to a team.)

The advantage is that team members who have more time can make more moves, and team members who have less time don't have to worry about being skipped. The games would go quicker, would be more dynamic, and would encourage more social interaction.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Thats pretty cool, and i support it, but i suggest a simpler option. at the start of every game ask if you can not skip. all people who say no, prioritize their games and skip them whenever you can. make sure you dont have more than a couple non skippers at a time so even crunch time you can manage to get them done real quick.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

Awesome idea Omega. I support this (so long as the score is seperate like in teams)

24 'carrot' gold
Forum Index » New Feature Request