[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
h o s t i l e - e n v i r o m e n t
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

/just a dreamy stuff, never gonna happen, ignore me. Thanks for prime carrot and duaneski for inspirations/

new game mode - hostile enviroment
-> Its a classic 1v1 game with 3rd player = bot.
-> Also possible 1v1 game with 3rd+4th players as bots.
-> both indended to be available at ranked and tourney plays.
-> The bots use only one race, a new one, consisted of only 3 units.
-> The "bases" of bots are impossible to conquer. If bots win, it's a draw.

/ This means bots act only as a distraction with a little of randomness added to a game. Also provides players with a totally new important ability to understand bots movements (as for now, like bots attack closest units, go towards bases and always hit the most 'profitable' expensive units. But now this understanding of the 'hostile enviroment' is not important and doesnt affect rank at all...)
Plus it allows us to fight with 3 additional enemies, in my head it sounds like fun /

/concept art/

Concept units:

1) space mold
Amphibious. Movement - 1 tile/rd. Cost 0, so how many bases, that many space molds can bot create. Weak melee attack and weak-average defence, but can cap bases.
Kinda just 'annoy me' unit that if left unchecked for too long, significantly limits the space to perform an actual attack towards player2.
2) ectoplasm
Same, but can be created only from time to time (so cost like 150-300). Ranged attack and stronger defence.
To get some azz of ranged units, plus to give that sense of a tiny danger.
-daaaanger zooone!-
3) toxic gas
Flying, so can get you anywhere. Can't attack, only move, but while attacked even via distance, deals some nice damage. Can NOT cap bases. Also made from time to time.
Or... Psionic gas. Is that even a thing...
Basically 'ignore me forever'. In my mind it's the one of three units that actually make defence harder, as it'd hit less healable races.

Thanks guys, it was fun.

/edit: also for balance issues I guess the proper thing for all enviroment units is "sphere of control = off"

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 10, 2018 15:20

Indisguise

Indisguise

Very cool. You just gave me another idea ) gotta write that sht up now haha
[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

[Avatar]
Prime Carrot

Nice. This idea is similar in a lot of ways to the "Infested Ruins" SPC. Having it as an entire game mode would be pretty cool. This feature would not only allow for the bot to be a hindrance to the players as they fight, but it could also allow for maps where both players are forced to team up in order to defeat the bot, and then fight to the death to decide who fought most efficiently (the latter is how "Infested Ruins" works).

Hey, Spooky is said to be working on the map editor. This might be more plausible than you think if you put the effort forth and get the community to back it.

24 'carrot' gold
pashaka

pashaka

That sounds fun! And very Uniwar-ish imo.
Forum Index » General Discussion